Forums are back in action! ×

Tech Support reporting for Fitness

Hello Rebels. 

I found this site this week and have joined the rebellion. I have been recently thinking and trying to get in shape on my own. I signed up for a 5k in November and want to be able to complete it and not need to crawl at the end of it. I paid for the 5k and now not to waste money getting my butt in gear.

I work in tech support. I end up at a desk for 8-9 hours a day. Not good for overall health. I have been attempting to exercise and be healthy it only lasts for a few months with me because I get distracted and something else peaks my interest more like Arrested Development. 

RainbowAmoeba

Level 1 Human Ranger

[sTR] 1 [DEX] 2 [sTA] 1 [CON] 3 [WIS] 5 [CHA] 3

Current Challenge

-So Long and Thanks for all the Fish-

Hey!

I just joined up this week and I definitely sympathize your plight as a desk sitter. I have the same trouble with my job. I signed up for the upcoming challenge to get me in gear. Good luck with the 5k! That's something I want to strive for later on down the road.

And remember, THERE IS ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND!

Level 1 Adventurer

"... whatever the secret histories would say of her faults and virtues, the Light only knew, but they would be hers, not copies of some other woman’s."

I started my foray into fitness with 5k's, too. So you're in good company. ;) (And by joining the Rebellion, you have NOT made a huge mistake!)

“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.

But still there is much that is fair. And though in all lands, love is now

mingled with grief, it still grows, perhaps, the greater.â€

--J.R.R. Tolkien, "Return of the King"

"Are the gods not just?"

"Oh no, child. What would become of us if they were?"

--C.S. Lewis, "Till We Have Faces"

Archived