Forums are back in action! ×

"I love your work."

I've been performing burlesque in KC for going on 4 years now. I often chat with folks after the show and here lots of nice things about my performance.

Last week something really wonderful happened. I went to a play in which a friend of mine was featured and after the show while waiting around to see her I was making small talk with another local KC actor that I'd never met. Mid conversation he says... "I think I know you. I've seen you before." We quickly establish that he's seen me as Sweet Louise to which he imediatly reaches out to shake my hand and very genuinly, as if glad to have the opportunity to say:

"I really love your work."

I was floored.

First, he recognized me out of make up -not glammed up and covered in glitter and rhinestones.

And he recognized what I do is "work"...it's a craft. "I love your work." is something one says to an artist, or musician, or...actor/actress.

It's an incredible feeling to feel aligned with my work - and to know others see it for what it is.

Level 2 Human Viking Assassin
STR - 2, DEX - 3, STA - 6, CON- 7 , WIS - 4, CHA - 5
Participated in & Finished Challenge 4/30/2012

Current Challenge:  Thread Link

http://www.brittanis.com Come to Brittanis. Live the Legend.