Forums are back in action! ×

Permission to Enter Bridge, Fellow Nerds.

Hola fellow nerds,

Long time lurker, first time poster.  I really dig this community and all the awesome people involved and I'm super excited to finally be an active participant.  Currently, I'm the creative services director at the NBC station here in Midland.  I make commercials, promos, graphic art, and shoot video to name a few of my tasks.

I'm also the director and one of the writers for the internet comedy team GCTV.  We shoot comedy sketches and such and are getting a pretty good following on Facebook and YouTube (if you're interested, link is in my sig).  The comedy is definitely for those who find shows like Always Sunny funny.

I'm also beginning a new web venture called Nerd Force 5 that features videos celebrating all things nerd and geek. 

So a few facts about me:

I was a former junior high fat kid who was bullied almost daily.  I lost weight late into high school (though no one ever forgets you were the chubby kid) but I gradually gained it back in college.  It wasn't until my mom was diagnosed with cancer in late 2006 did I truly turn things around.  My family made her a photo scrapbook to take with her into chemo and I saw that I had gained A LOT of weight.

From that day forward, I changed my diet.  I cut out all carbs and sugar and started walking and I lost over 5o lbs and thus far have kept it off.  My greatest accomplishment to date has been completing the Austin Half-Marathon last February and completing the Texas Spartan Sprint Race a few weeks back.

Fun Facts about Me:

• I'm a Star Wars and Star Trek nerd with an ever-growing nerd t-shirt collection
  • My prized nerd collectible is my Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber from Episode 3 (Master Replicas)
  • Favorite nerd movie that isn't Star Wars would have to be Rushmore
  • Favorite video game is a toss-up between Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy X
  • Favorite anime: Movie "Voices of a Distant Star." Series "Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad."
  • I'm a musician (guitar and bass)

Currently, my workouts consist of modified cross-fit I do at our local football stadium, yoga, and running.  My diet started slipping but right now I'm back up to about an 80% paleo diet and I've almost completely cut out the diet soda (that is a hard monkey to get off my back).

Well, enough about me.  I can't wait to get involved on here and I really look forward to getting to know each and every one of you.  You all seem like such an awesome group.  The Avengers have nothing on this community.  Nerd on, everyone.

Visit my nerd blog at www.nerdforce5.tumblr.com

View our original comedy sketches at www.youtube.com/ghostconnectiontv

Welcome,

So are you the guy that makes those really cheesy local commercials? haha jk.

Congratulations on your half-marathon, that is a goal I am quite a ways out from achieving but will make it there eventually.

Orc Ranger

STR: 3 DEX: 1 STA: 2

CON: 5 WIS: 2 CHA: 2

All major changes are like death. You can't see what is on the other side until you get there.

Immortal Power, Plug it in

Current challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34450-training-for-the-fights/

Archived