Forums are back in action! ×

What's that? Another n00b Nerd!

Hello The Rebellion,

My name is Chi, a twenty-five-year-old from the humble east (Maryland), and I've been poking around the Nerd Fitness website for a couple of months. The day is upon us, where I have finally started on my quest for greater monkhood. My nerdy inspiration is Tim Drake, arguably the best Robin, and the Bat himself (sans crazy). I am going to be entering graduate school in September, so I want to be grabbing flies out of senseis' hands around that time.

Currently I have been to a total of five classes of Krav Maga, a self-defense martial art, and have learned to use a foam roller and stretch-out-strap. I am joining you all here to aid me in my awesome journey and as an early jump on the six-week challenge.

Please say hi! I'd love to meet you people.

Chi

Lvl 1 Tallfellow Halfling Monk

| STR: 1 | DEX: 1 | STA: 3 | CON: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 4 |

Well Within
Well Without

Tim Drake trains with Lady Shiva

Hi,

I am also a student, it can be crazy trying to juggle all this fitness stuff and school and work, right?  What will you be studying in Grad school?  I don't graduate with my bachelor's until next may (a year behind, boo)..

sounds like you are pretty well versed in your monk class.  

Welcome.

Orc Ranger

STR: 3 DEX: 1 STA: 2

CON: 5 WIS: 2 CHA: 2

All major changes are like death. You can't see what is on the other side until you get there.

Immortal Power, Plug it in

Current challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34450-training-for-the-fights/

Thanks for the welcome and remember, I am a beginning monk!

Pre-grats on your graduation, ComancheD. I graduated in December with a Bachelor's in Social Work (Mind Nerd) and am continuing on for my Masters. Juggling is definitely an issue, which is why I want to get into the habit of fitness before school starts back up!

^_^

What are you studying in undergrad?

Well Within
Well Without

oh, right I misread that.  my bad. I am studying Geography, had to get away from all the boring overcrowded business classes and I think it was a great decision.

I hope you do well in your pursuit of further education and monkey business

Orc Ranger

STR: 3 DEX: 1 STA: 2

CON: 5 WIS: 2 CHA: 2

All major changes are like death. You can't see what is on the other side until you get there.

Immortal Power, Plug it in

Current challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34450-training-for-the-fights/

Hi.  I aspire to monk-dome some day, but I have never studied a martial art.  Right now I'm a ranger who has read some DC comics, but prefers Marvel.  Tim Drake is a good Robin, but I like Damian (and John Blake) better.  I guess we can't be friends.  If you need a nemesis to fight though, someone to inspire your training so that when you have transmorphed into a Tim Drake Batman crime fighter (sans crazy), you have an arch enemy worthy of your crime fighting skills I am available.  BROOOO HAH hAHAHAHA!!!

Bavarian Ranger -- Level twoStrength 5 Dexterity 4 Stamina 5 Constitution 1 Wisdom 5 Charisma 5 My Epic Quest Challenge #1  Current Challenge

Future goal inspiration from Kurt Vonnegut "Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.â€

Hi.  I aspire to monk-dome some day, but I have never studied a martial art.  Right now I'm a ranger who has read some DC comics, but prefers Marvel.  Tim Drake is a good Robin, but I like Damian (and John Blake) better.  I guess we can't be friends.  If you need a nemesis to fight though, someone to inspire your training so that when you have transmorphed into a Tim Drake Batman crime fighter (sans crazy), you have an arch enemy worthy of your crime fighting skills I am available.  BROOOO HAH hAHAHAHA!!!

I think we have to be arch enemies if you like Damien better than Drake! That's written in stone somewhere, man. In the future, when many moons have passed, we will have a duel, and to that day I look forward.

Until then, enjoy your travels and pick up a martial art, because you'll need it! >:3 Also, I wish you luck on your journey and hope to see your progress as you go!

Well Within
Well Without

Archived