Forums are back in action! ×

Putting myself out there is hard

Hello there!

I've had this forum membership for a while now, and haven't worked up the nerve to actually post/use it. That's probably also why I have about two or three defunct blogs, but that's another story for another day. It's also a boring story, so you might not want to hear it anyway.

So, a little about me. I'm 24, married, and living in that space of time between college graduation and life called "Okay... What Now?" To get through that time, I'm working as a caterer (more on that later), playing video games, reading, and generally being awesome.

I'm also one of those people who miss going to school, so I'm planning on going back soonish. Hopefully. We'll see.

Now to the good (bad?) stuff:

I've always been overweight. Always. Usually by no more than 15-20 pounds, but it was enough to really make me feel self-conscious. Even though people in my family are bigger, I always felt like maybe I could do something different. But every bit of progress fell into regression. 

My relationship with food is strange. My family is from the south, so food is kind of a big deal. And sweet tea. Oh GOD the sweet tea. I loved food growing up, and I still do, don't get me wrong. But I remember being in high school and having food smacked out of my hand by the guy I had a crush on and being told, "You really shouldn't eat that. Look at you."  Yeeeeeaah, he wasn't a friend anymore after that. But the damage was done, and I started skipping meals. That lasted throughout high school - I would skip lunch, and then go home and binge. No bueno.

Weight fluctuated, as it does.  But once I stopped walking to class and spent more time around food (yay, full-time food service worker!), my waistline expanded. I'm at my biggest size, and I'm unhappy with it. I am so thankful for a friend who introduced me to NerdFitness, because I'm motivated now.

And I'm ready to kick some butt.

A Human Adventurer with leanings toward being a Ranger or an Assassin. Time will tell...

Level 1

3 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 1 CON | 5 WIS  | 4 CHA

Current Challenge

Archived