Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings From Chattanooga, TN

My name is Matt and I'm here to change my life. About three weeks ago I got a kick in the butt when I was at a park with my 11 month old. I saw all these overweight dad's standing on the sideline watching their kids play on the playground. Then there was one lone dad, looking fit, running around, playing with his kids. And I asked myself, which dad am I going to be? I knew the answer! So I got on the scale and weighed in at 221. The heaviest I've ever been. Suck! So I started eating primal, went on the patch (ditched the pack a day!), and started the beginners body weight routine. Then Steve announced the Greatest Contest in the World, so I decided to go after that. I bought the book and I'm doing the dumbbell division and the slim down eating plan. I've dropped to 215 and I feel great! However, I kind of feel like I'm on an island(watch out for the smoke monster), because I'm doing this by myself. My wife isn't exactly sold on the whole primal eating and all my friends were smokers. Most of our time together was spent on smoke breaks which they don't invite me on any more since I quit. They probably just don't want to tempt me, but I feel left out. And they aren't the most active group in the world. So that's my story.

My nerdy interests are: Star Wars, other sci-fi movies, TV, video games (mostly RPGs, especially the old school turn based ones)

Not as nerdy interests: Hiking, Tennis(okay tennis is kinda nerdy)

I look forward to meeting so allies.

STR - 3.5 | DEX - 2.5 | STA - 2.25 | CON - 7.25 | WIS - 4.25 | CHA - 7

JMBrunson - Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Find me here:

Twitter: @matthewbrunson

Facebook

Runkeeper

Tumblr

Instagram: matthewbrunson

Hey, I hear being on a fitness island. Don't worry, we are here for you! There are plenty of quitting smokers around right now, which is interesting to me, so you'll have lots of support! Excellent choice, man, and I applaud. Your kid is lucky to have you!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to the journey. But I'm also hoping to make some friends here in the rebellion that are on the same journey. The weeks ahead are going to be toughest. Once the change in diet and quitting smoking is normal it'll be a lot easier. The funny thing is, I really love the diet. I don't miss the foods I use to crave and I have a lot more energy.

Thanks again for welcoming me aboard.

JMBrunson - Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Find me here:

Facebook

Runkeeper

Tumblr

What a great intro!

You're not alone man. maybe in real life (at the moment), but you have a few thousand here that are rooting you on. It's up to you to lead by example, get in the best shape of your life, and the others will come around.

Congrats on giving up on the smoking, making the changes to your diet, and the success you've already had. Your wife might not be sold on the paleo eating thing...but I bet she'll stop complaining when she can use your abs as a washboard! muahahahaha

We're here for you dude.

Welcome aboard.

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.

Thanks! It means a lot to get some support out here! You guys rock! And that's what I'm hoping for that I'll just lead be example and she'll come around. And maybe my son will never get addicted to those foods! That would be so awesome for him to never have to go through this!

JMBrunson - Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Find me here:

Facebook

Runkeeper

Tumblr

I've been running on my treadmill for my cardio but I've realized I really hate running. So I'm think about picking up a exercise bike on craigslist. I saw some for around $20, but they come with a stabbing. You gotta watch those craiglisters!

JMBrunson - Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Find me here:

Facebook

Runkeeper

Tumblr

I hear the island thing! Trying to get the husband into exercising regularly too. He gets a lot at work but not quite enough to uncover the six pack we know is hiding!

Hey, once some of you friends see how awesome you look and feel, they may feel the need to quit too :)

PS: That lil kid is gorgeous! How old?

Check out my geek girl website www.strangekitty.ca