Forums are back in action! ×

Hello!

How/Why I am here:

I found this site while binge researching parkour a few months ago. I liked the article but didn't stick around at first. After a few weeks my obsession with Parkour subsided to studying French, and German at the same time, then I started learning the Japanese Hirigana, then I started playing fiddle music on the violin and it's all gone full circle. If you didn't notice I'm prone to over loading myself, and in the end that makes it hard for me to follow through with goals, and plans. That is why I'm here. I want to take part in this six week challenge so that I am accountable to all of you. 

Fitness goals:

I'm not completely certain what my goals are yet aside from following through with them. I am 5 10 and 200 pounds which seems big I guess but I carry it well. I've just started working out using the exercises outlined in the "How to design your own workout" resource. My stamina is a bit of a problem I can only run a half block which is maybe just over 100m, and when I do this by the end of my workout I almost throw up, but that is something I'm already confronting. My upper body is pretty strong, but I need to work on my form while doing squats. I still kind of feel that working out is like playing Zork for the first time. 

Diet goals:

I love to cook for my girlfriend and I, and our food is usually pretty healthy aside from the occasional pasta, or pizza or what have you. I eat out pretty often when I'm alone or at work, because I just cant be bothered to deal with the prep and clean up just for myself. I'm a coffee addict, but I take it black so thats not a big deal. I eat really fast which I hear is pretty bad for you (anyone have any evidence either way?) 

Why I am a Nerd:

I am an office manager for a small business. Although being as it's a small business I wear many hats at work. In my off time I play music (mostly Guitar and Violin) I love board games, I'm a casual gamer (another thing I find hard to finish. Assassins Creed took me... 4 years to finish just the campaign.) I like games with a really good story moving the plot around or with a coop so I can join up with a friend to complete it. I have a cat... take from that what you will. I am a home brewer, currently under my cupboard is a 5 gallon carboy of Apfelwein. the list goes on...

What I bring to the party:

I can get the ball rolling! I'm also not half bad a research. I'm a pretty good cook also. 

Thank you very much for reading! I'm excited to start working with all of you. 

George III

A human ranger level 1

STR: 4 Dex: 3 STA: 1 CON: 2 WIS: 2 CHA: 3

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, maybe it's all nerds or just us that are prone to overloading themselves? I wanted to start home brewing once upon a time however apartments tend to frown on that.

Level 1 Human Adventurer

On a quest to become superhuman

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 4 | WIS 3| CHA 2

BattleLog

I would like to say that all of us get overloaded, but I think it happens to some people more than others. One of my brew partners lives in an apartment also. He uses small 1 gallon carboys instead of the big guys so that he can move them or keep them out of the way. If it's something you would still be interested in I'd suggest doing it. If you need some help starting out this is a good guide. 

George III

A human ranger level 1

STR: 4 Dex: 3 STA: 1 CON: 2 WIS: 2 CHA: 3

Archived