Forums are back in action! ×

So, it has come to this...

Okay. Hi! Wow. I never know how to start these things. Whenever I introduce myself I always sound like I'm introducing myself at an AA meeting. It's something I'm working on, badly. Heh.

So, I found this place a few hours back while looking up parkour videos looking for new moves. At first, I didn't know what I was looking at. A group of nerds that are into fitness? I had never heard such a thing. All my nerd friends live their entire lives in virtual space, hardly surfacing to the real world at all. I thought I was alone in that I wanted more. I was never happy just being awesome in video games, I want to be awesome in real life too.

Now I know I'm not alone. So thank you Nerd Fitness!

Anyways... I started working out around eleven months ago when my friend and I went for a walk in a park and I got horribly out of breath after climbing a long staircase. We were both panting and had to sit down. Neither of us were overweight, in fact, quite the opposite. She's underweight and I'm barely on the line above being the same. But we weren't healthy. we weren't strong or in shape. We were wasting our lives. I was only 22 at the time, and I decided that enough was enough. I'm 23 now, almost 24, and in the last eleven months I've done more than I thought possible, but I've started to lose my drive, doing it all by myself.

(I've recently done the 100 pushup program, 200 sit ups program, and the 200 squat program)

So, a bit about me.

I'm 5'2, 107 pounds.

I'm not really that athletic, or at least, I don't see myself that way. Parkour doesn't count yet, because I'm only a beginner.

I'm an Artist, Gamer, Writer, and Photographer (among other things)

I work out a lot, but I don't go to the gym (can't afford it, and even if I could, have no way of getting there) so most of my workouts involve my own bodyweight (push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, running, and Zumba... that sort of thing)

Anyways... I've rambled on enough I think.

`Darkazeura.

Level 1

Half-ElfChaotic Neutral Assassin

|STR- 2|DEX- 5|STA- 2|CON- 1|WIS- 3|CHA- 2|

Welcome.  To you and your cat.  The 100 pushups program I vaguely remember as having a huge spike in difficulty at one week partway through, so congrats on completing that.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Archived