Forums are back in action! ×

Actually. The goal is here goes 5 inches around my belly. My negative attitude. Low self esteem and lack of confidence.

I am doing the Paleo diet bu not for 6 six weeks. I am making this a lifestyle change. My whole life I have been tkld I can't accomplish anything and I'll never amount to much. I am on a journey to make my hody and mind healthier!

I realized my introduction could use a little more. My name is Andrea. I live in Iowa. I got introduced to the Nerd Fitness world about a couple months ago but have only really do it and been following Steve and stuff on Twitter. I got inspired to do something with my life... as I said I have been a super negative person and hated things about my life but never did anything about it. I just complained. But I think its passed time to do something!

I don't have too much of a workout plan... I am up for suggestions. I wanna be able to do some strength training at home. No gym for me. I also need to do something fun so working out doesn't nust seem like a chore lol.

Some goals for me? Drop down to a size 10... I am at 13 now. I want to be healthier obviously. I wanna have a better outlook on life. Be more positive. My life doesn't suck lol. I want to learn self control esp where money is concerned. Anyone have any good budgeting tips?!

I think that's about it! I am glad to meet you all and be a part of the Rebels!

Make today your someday~~~"It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line~~~"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer~~~"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

I'm not too sure what my workout is considered. I do a not very good warmup and then 10 girl pushups. 10 crunches. 10 reverse crunches? 10 squats. 2 min break. And repeat 3 more times. I want to be able to increase the amount of repetitions obviously and just keep doing 4 circuits. Unless someone suggests something better- and I am way open to suggestions! This is all new to me... and I don't actually have a copy of the RSG cause I don't have a computer...

Make today your someday~~~"It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line~~~"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer~~~"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Welcome! I would totally suggest the beginner body weight circuit (it's right here http://nerdfitness.com/blog/how-to-videos/), it's kicked my butt a couple times already and I've really been enjoying it. So long as you put some music on it doesn't seem like a chore at all, which is awesome cause there are some days when I for sure don't wanna be working out. =P But you so got this, happy getting in shape! =)

So. Just took your suggestion and did that workout. Loved it!!! Only could do two circuits though..

Hey there and Welcome!!!!!!!!!

Your on the right track with everything, including the financial things. As far as budgeting tips I would first determine how much money you get per paycheck, then figure how much you make per month, and how much you make per year. That will you give you a starting basline picture of where your resources are. Then tally up all your monthly bills, including you think you spend per month on food and gas. Include everything...if your leaving something off, your going into avoidance mode, and playing ostrich with money NEVER works in your advantage. Get those two figures together as a satrting point and then let me know when your ready we can look at your starting point together.

Adios for now.

Silverback: I bet I could get an average check figured out... I work on commissions as well and that changes depending on how well I do and what project I am doing... I will make that a project for the weekend... I will have a starting point Monday!

No worries....believe me ... I've made some serious mistakes with money in the past. We can talk all about where I was, the ( Censored ) up stuff I did, and where I am now. I'm not great, but I am saving a decent amount of my paychecks, and at the moment am debt free. So I will do what I can to show you how I did it.

Someone had given me a bunch of budgeting advice once... and I kind of blew it all off... I kind of just did what I wanted... But I don't want to just make one change in my life. I want a life turn around... and actually saving my money is something that is very necessary. I have lots of fines and other crap that I need to pay off. And I need to have rainy day money for when oh say, my windshield wipers break during rainy season? ;__; I wish that I had listened to that one person then... but I can't change that. Just got to focus on now!

Good ol' Des Moines!

Hi! Welcome to the boards :)

For budgeting, you won't get a hold of it until you really want to. It sounds like you like the idea of getting your finances in order, but aren't sure where to start or why. I would recommend that you write out a list of goals. Where would you like to be in 1 year, 5 years. What are you saving for?

If you have a goal, it is easier to step back from the cash register/online shopping cart and really evaluate if you want that item. It gives you an option to weigh the instant gratification against.

For workouts, have you considered adding some fun stuff? Circuits are great, and effective, but if you do the same thing every day, you are going to get tired of it and your body will get used to it and stop being challenged. You say, no gym, but how do you feel about classes? Or joining a team? I find that if I schedule things with other people, I rarely miss it.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I only have internet access once a week right now, and try to do as much as I can update wise with my phone but it gets frustrating when I want to type a big chunk of text!