Forums are back in action! ×

OMG - I AM a joiner...who knew....

Greetings and salutations and all that stuff!  So, a bit of background.  I was a chubby girl-child whose pediatrician kept saying, "No worries! She's just big boned - maybe she'll grow up to be a football player." Apparently docs in the 70's -early 80's said things like that.  In my early teens my whole family (except my skinny-assed sister) went on a 1000 calorie a day diet, cuz, you know - the family that diets together, loses weight together or something.  I just got sick and stayed sick for 3 solid weeks. Oh wait - maybe because 1000 calorie/day diets are UNHEALTHY!  Meh.

Anywho, I yo-yo'd in college, got plumpish in early marriage, then moved straight on into egad! after a few years and the births of two boy-children.  Finally, I got sick of myself and tried - in order - detox diets, herbalife, and weight watchers, and lost 38 lbs and 5 sizes.  Wahoo - go me!  And would ya look at that - I am NOT big-boned at all.  Guess my pro-football prospects are dead. *sigh*  Thing is, I could never get FIT or gain much muscle tone at all, even though I was happy'ish with my weight.  And if I had a cheat weekend in the food and tasty adult beverage categories, I'd gain again.  That's been going on for nigh unto 8 years now.  I've tried walking, elliptical trainer'ing, various work-out videos, a Y membership, and doing exercises with a stability ball in my bedroom - BLECH!  Everyone of them made me want to die of boredom.  Thus, I never stuck with anything. 

And then, on a quick stop into a take-out Chinese place (ewwww!) I picked up a flyer for a local Crossfit gym and my interest was piqued.  I started researching cross-fit, which led me to paleo (yum!) which I'm actually having a pretty good go at so far, even though I'm not to 85% paleo yet, which in turn led me to NERD FITNESS.  So I joined the Rebellion, joined Crossfit (the end of Week 1 Bootcamp is tonight! Go Pain!), and am in the process of joining the Paleo Plan (luckily my carnivorous brood is willing to MOSTLY go along with the plan).  See?  I'm a joiner! :playful:   And, I think this, and crossfit, are just what I need to stay motivated enough to turn me into the me I actully want to look at in the mirror in a bathing suit.

Hey, that sounds like my life story until you dropped 5 dress sizes! I could stretch it to 3.

Cross fit scares me, and isn't that big in Australia yet.

Welcome and happy goal setting.

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

Archived