Forums are back in action! ×

Another newbie

Hi,

Yes, I'm another newbie. I've been lurking for a while and decided it was time to finally participate.

It was hard trying to put myself into a class, but for now, at least, I'm going to be part of the assassins!

A bit of background - I have thyroid issues (lots of varied issues) which ended up with me going from already overweight to obese, when I lost my entire thyroid (surgery & RAI). Then I finally had enough, and in August 2011, I started taking back control. I've lost about 40 pounds and have about 10 or so more to go to "ideal" or "goal" weight, although I'd rather be strong, so we'll see what happens with that.

I love to run, and try to run 3 times a week, around 5 - 7 km. I was up at 10 km last summer, but had to cut back because of knee pain, so I need to work on strengthening my knees.

I also love climbing and was climbing a lot but have fallen out of practice, so I'm going to get going on that again.

And I lift weights - not super heavy weights because I don't go to the gym, but I have dumbells at home that I use 3 times a week.

I should get back to work, so that's enough for now. I'm really looking forward to starting the new 6 week challenge. FINALLY, I'M JOINING A CHALLENGE!!!

Archived