Forums are back in action! ×

Norse gods in space?

As some of you have heard me mention, my a-cappella group just performed a Norse mythology song cycle Memorial Day weekend. The concert went fabulously well and we're making a DVD. The DVD is nowhere near ready, but this is a rough cut of us singing one of our non-Norse pieces at the end the concert.

Here in Muspelheim Texas we know we can't survive the summer without good air conditioning so we have really good air conditioning and minimize time spent outside.

Some friends were trying to get me to sign up for a 5K that's tomorrow that doesn't start until 9am. It'll be over 80 by then. Weather says 80% humidity too. Ugh. No thanks, if I do a 5K it's going to be at a more reasonable time of year when it hasn't hit 60 yet. So you know, January. :)

Thanks!

The rest of the video from this performance is for the DVD we're making, which will be awhile even for people who want to pre-order one. But there are a few other videos on our YouTube channel and streaming audio samples linked on our website, so you can watch and listen to other things.

had this bookmarked.  just watched it and it was pretty good.  I feel like there needs to be another deep voice in the mix but you guys sang really well.

We used to be an all female group so most of the music is close harmony written for women. We only just recently had deep voices to add -- this arrangement was meant to be a duet for baritone/alto or soprano/alto, so with the whole group singing we have the melody line in two octaves and one harmony line. There are a couple of other pieces which are in five or six parts that take better advantage of the full range of voices.