Forums are back in action! ×

Hello and welcome,

I do not know if there are any of these threads currently going, but I thought I would start one regardless.

The point of this thread is for a base camp for those Australian Nerd Fitness Rebels. There are probably more of us in your home city than you are aware of.......

Use this a point of reference to find people in you are who maybe training for a similar event, a similar goal or are just looking for some one to train with or share information and gain knowledge and wisdom.

Share you goals, ambitions and dreams with us, so that we can join you on your journey and make sure you find your way there. Feel like you are about to fall of the wagon, come talk to us, tell us where you are and how much you have accomplished and what is standing in your way and we will be there to motivate, inspire, lend a helping hand and a word or two of encouragement.

We are all here because we have a common interest. We are all like minded people with the same drive and determination in both health, fitness and those slightly obscure hobbies and interests.

Introduce your self and what your current achievements are and what you are training towards. I will get the ball rolling by introducing myself in the next post.

Tobias001, Level 1 ScoutSTR 3|DEX 2|STA 4|CON 2|WIS 2|CHA 2

“Somewhere in the world, someone is training when you are not.

When you battle, they will win.â€

Challenge 1

Hey there,

My name is Tobias001 and I am scout located in Northern Queensland. I love my cardio and my endurance running. My accomplishments to date are 5km in sub 20min, 10km and a half marathon (I don't remember these times). I am current training towards a full marathon and the Tough Mudder on the Sunshine Coast. My ultimate goal for 2013 is to run in and complete the GOW100 which is a 100km trail run along the Great Ocean Road in Victoria.

As I said I love me cardio training. I am currently working on increasing my knowledge in the area of running, endurance running and cardio, through both research and trial and error. Any strength work I do, is done in a HIIT/crossfit style, that runs on time rather than the number of reps. I love using kettle bells and skipping ropes. I always incorporate skipping or running into my strength workouts, as I feel that the combination of this equipment and this type of training works towards the goals that I am trying to achieve.

I love music. Punk/metal to be specific, but I am open to pretty much all genres. I love knowing about the artists and their creative process. I love knowing about their collaborations. I also like the paranormal and conspiracies.

Anyway, tell me about yourself and what your are into. If you want to know more about me, just ask.

Tobias001, Level 1 ScoutSTR 3|DEX 2|STA 4|CON 2|WIS 2|CHA 2

“Somewhere in the world, someone is training when you are not.

When you battle, they will win.â€

Challenge 1

Woo!  Love meeting fellow rebels here in our lovely country ;D

Well I'm mentalfloss and I'm on the Fraser Coast - so southeastish QLD.

Accomplishments - nothing really yet - still a newbie :D

I'm the opposite in that I hate cardio lol!  I have been doing a little of it though - Zumba and Body Combat classes - but what I'm really aiming towards is lifting heavy weights - it's kind of a dream to look like Spezzy *blush*.  So that's my main goal.

Also realllllllllllllllllllly interested in nutrition!!  Eating for health and knowing what I'm eating isn't just filling the calories but is actually nourishing me.

Outside of the gym - I love reading and Doctor Who :D

Looking forward to hearing from more Aussie rebels!!

Level Two Time Lord Adventurer
STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 2 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 3

Nice one, an Aussie thread.

I'm Tankgrrl and I'm a middle aged lesbian from the inner west of Sydney, although originally from the UK. My fitness achievements include tearing myself away from the computer to complete the c25k a couple of years ago and eventually a 10km fun run. I sadly celebrated after by going straight back to my old habits and now I'm back at square 1 again doing a c25k from scratch. I've only just discovered the fun of doing body weight workouts at home and eating paleo, so I'm still very much in the beginner camp.

Also, I'm a studying kind of nerd who can't get enough education. So I work full time and do a post-grad law degree at night. I love the outdoors, fishing, hiking and camping but don't do as much as I'd like because I live and work in the city.

I know for sure that there are a lot more Aussie rebels around here.

:D

Level 10 - Ironborn sellsword        Weight loss goal: 90kg --> 70kg      Endurance goal: non-stop 5km       Power goal: 10 full form pushups

Find me: My Fitness Pal | Fitbit | Feb 16 challenge

"I don't want to have a dozen sons. I want to have adventures" ~ Asha Greyjoy

Hey, all the Aussies in the house!

I am 40 years old Nerd.

I am living In Melbourne and thought I was the only Aussie Nerd here.  I have been going to the gym for years with little real gains.  I completed c25k in December and love running.

I have turned my nerd powers to fixing my body and get right for summer.   Currently running 6 -7 kms a couple times per week....with a Tough Mudder in September.

Nerd fitness has got me to put down the controller and focus on my fitness and make some progress in leveling up my life.

Unit562, level 4 Clone Ranger

STR 7.5 | DEX 2 | STA 5.5 | CON 8 | WIS 10  | CHA 6

Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 Level 4 Level 5

Ranger Guild image

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

A good plan executed well is ALWAYS better than the most perfect plan not executed at all.

Yo, I'm in Radelaide, the raddest city in South Australia.

I love rock climbing, parkour and martial arts, but have not done any real training for several years. Badly need to get back into it!

Also interested in lifting, as I'd like more bulk on my slim frame.

I love Star Wars, I like Trek, and pretty much anything sci-fi. I am a massive music fan, especially hip-hop and metal. I play with toy soldiers (warhammer 40k and so on), have a keen interest in English, philosophy, politics and history. Pretty much a well-rounded nerd I reckon :)

Just embarked on my first 6-week challenge today, so wish me luck and fortitude!

Eldar on the Path of the Warrior (Elf Adventurer)Level 1 | STR 1 |DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 3 |FirmitasUtilitasVenustas

May as well add to the few posts here!

Just got back from a 2month holiday to South America so I've dropped back a long way from where I wanted to be...

Nerd. Runner. Thats me! 

Play games, write code, or create something in 3D for a few hours.

Go running for a few hours. Its a good balance :)

The GOW100 sounds great Tobias, I think there is a "marathon" along the GoR as well which I may aim to do in the next few years.

Currently Ive got RunMelbourne half marathon this weekend (oh shit!) and focussing on Melbourne Marathon in Oct.

My wife is dragging me along for Tough Mudder this September, so that's exciting that she is slowly taking on my love of running. I did the first Melb Tough Mudder (see profile pic!) so I'm happy to just plod along and push her up over the walls haha

Great job on the Aussie thread Tobias, let's get more of us on here to show themselves!

I'm just fresh meat here at nerd fitness but I know I'll be sticking around for a while. I'm living up near Byron Bay in northern NSW currently and studying @ SCU full time.

Have to say that I like my running also, participated in the GC 10k the weekend before last and it felt great. Setting up for the bridge to Brisbane run next which is on the 1st of September.

I would like to but on a bit more size though so I have scaled back my running a touch so I'm not doing too much cardio as it seems to be counterproductive with my current goal.

Also I am currently practicing in some one on one combat and weapon skills with a friend so that when the zombies attack, I'll be ready to mash some heads!

Look forward to hearing from more Nerd Fitness!

FOR THE REBELLION!

Level 1 ~ Dark Elf ~ Scout

STR: 2| DEX: 3| STA: 3| CON: 2| WIS: 2| CHA: 3

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Lao Tzu