Forums are back in action! ×

My secrets out, Im a nerd, and I want to improve my life.

Well Hello there. My name is Seth Rue. I am a nerd. I am going to college for I.T. and Mathematics. I am 21 years old, 5'10" and severely over weight.

I want to begin my walk towards a healthier lifestyle, and am using NF and a group of friends at home to make it happen.

My main reason for this is because I already enjoy life as it is, but I miss out on a lot of the cool stuff that my friends do simply because I lack the ability to do it.

So my thoughts are, think of all the wonderful adventures that are awaiting me out there that I can experience if only I take a little action.

My task is not to lose a predetermined amount of weight, or fit into a certain size of clothes, though I think that will come. I simply wish to change my habits to ones that make me a healthier, happier person. I want to go on walks because nature is fun too look at. I want to cook food that is delicious and healthy. I want to ride a bike and feel the wind all around me. I want to be able to hang out with friends and finish the hike that we go on.

I believe that I can Level up my life, and I hope that I can do it alongside of all of you.

Race - Dwarf

Class - Scout

Level - One

(STR) - 2 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 1 (CON) - 3 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 4

']June Challenge

Well I had to babysit for my cousins on Monday and Tuesday, so I didn't get to the gym, or play ultimate Frisbee like I usually do. Instead on Monday soccer had its first open field of the summer so I played soccer for two hours. Food was also more difficult as I only had access to their fridge and not mine. It meant no breakfast but I still had Veggies and Fruit each day. Keeping my liquid intake to water and milk hasn't been a problem, I love water. And I just made plans for the weekend with friends. So other than switching a day at the gym for a day of soccer, missing out on two breakfasts, and an accidental coffee. I have been maintaining my goals well. I see that you have been doing a fine job of it yourself as well, congrats.

Race - Dwarf

Class - Scout

Level - One

']June Challenge

Soccer is a good substitute! I don't know about you but I'm much more inclined to push myself during an activity or game than at the gym. Have you guys tried paintball or airsoft? I really enjoy that and it's a good cardio workout too. Not getting hit is a great incentive.

And thank you I've been trying! I'm just hoping I don't fall into the trap I usually do which is starting out strong and then losing my momentum as I go on. I really think this community is really helping me feel accountable though. :)

Aidenpouge, level 1 Hobbit adventurer

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 3.5|CHA 2.5

My Challenge Thread

"Envy is ignorance, imitation is suicide." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seriously, there's an outrageous amount of running involved.

Ohh I love paintball, as do most of my friends. Our schedules don't always line up though, so we haven't played for a while. I am excited to play again at some point though.

Community, whether online or personal is always helpful. I know my friends are the most supportive people in my life, and they make all the difference in me sticking with my program.

Race - Dwarf

Class - Scout

Level - One

']June Challenge

Hi Seth,

Best of luck on your journey!

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

Archived