Forums are back in action! ×

New Super Mario Brothers Wii

I bought this game because I LOVED side scrolling platform games (more of a Sonic fan though, admittedly) when I was younger, and I thought this game would be a nice bit of nostalgia.

Welllllllll....this game took that nostalgia, and basically curbstomped it.

Does anyone else play this, and if you do, do you find this game EXCRUCIATINGLY difficult? WTF Nintendo?

I know the multiplayer option is hard b/c everyone runs into everyone and all that, but I've been playing it single player (my roommate refuses to play anymore out of frustration) and I'm getting my ass kicked.

Ha, I've wanted to play this game ever since it came out. Was worried that it would be too easy though..glad to hear that it's a challenge.

If you're big into old school 2-d platformers, you should also check out Splosion Man for the wii. It's a wii-ware game, only 10 bucks, and apparently way better than NSMB (according to IGN).

I'm definitely gonna look into it.

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.

Yea I got the game for Christmas from my wife.. and Mario is like the only type of games she likes (other than Lego Star Wars, etc.). The first few levels were fun to play together but yea.. they start to get hilariously difficult. As in.. my wife refuses to play and just wants to watch me solo it. There are some times in the later worlds where I just laugh my ass off at how hard some of the sequences are. Really... I can imagine 90% of the people who own the game never to being able to beat it.

Fun for me, yeah, I suppose, but when my wife's clinging to the couch with a deathgrip for Mario's life in anxiety while I make him have to jump off a spinning cog avoiding lava to hop into a wall jump to get on a moving climbable fence that retracts every second into more lava just to get to a single landing block I THINK Nintendo got a bit crazy.

• Like 1

Yea I got the game for Christmas from my wife.. and Mario is like the only type of games she likes (other than Lego Star Wars, etc.). The first few levels were fun to play together but yea.. they start to get hilariously difficult. As in.. my wife refuses to play and just wants to watch me solo it. There are some times in the later worlds where I just laugh my ass off at how hard some of the sequences are. Really... I can imagine 90% of the people who own the game never to being able to beat it.

Fun for me, yeah, I suppose, but when my wife's clinging to the couch with a deathgrip for Mario's life in anxiety while I make him have to jump off a spinning cog avoiding lava to hop into a wall jump to get on a moving climbable fence that retracts every second into more lava just to get to a single landing block I THINK Nintendo got a bit crazy.

Bahahahahahaha

-S

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.

It took my forever to get past those stupid spinning cogs, I'm in world 5 now and the lava has been replaced with some pinkish/purple crap that kills you instantly. BULLSHIT. I have resolved myself to beat the game, I don't even care if I rescue all the Toads and get all the big coins or whatever. F*ck that noise.

Playing w/ another person makes it even harder. My mom got the game for Christmas too and I was playing with her a bit, which consisted one of us eating the other w/ a Yoshi to get them out of the way, or one of us yelling at the other person to not pop their bubble yet because the area was too hard.

I got this game for my roommate who gets sick really fast with any 3-D graphics. (I can't play anything when she's home! D= )

I'm glad other people found it hard! XD We thought it was just us! She was a non-gamer before moving in with me (HA HA HA! I win.), and I pretty much FAIL at side-scrolling. After playing the game through once, and working on our 2nd complete coin collection, we've developed a pretty good team style. It involves a lot of bubbling. "Here! I'll jump down and get the coin, and try to bubble, you STAY HERE where it's safe!"

The habit of bubble-reliancey is hard to break, and there are WAY to many times we both end up in bubbles. Still, it's a lot of fun, and Bowser is RIDICULOUS.

It's also the ONLY video game I have gotten my mother to try.