Forums are back in action! ×

Which guild?

So I'm trying to work out which guild I should pick for the upcoming challenge. My big fitness love is strength training, specifically powerlifting, though I also love kettlebells and am gonna start working toward a pull up. At the moment, though, only 2-3 of the 5 hours a week I want to spend exercising are going to be on strength. This is because - as my physiotherapist tells me - my new love of picking up heavy things is bringing all the posture issues that have buried themselves beneath years of a sedentary lifestyle into light and I need to make sure I don't injure myself as I'm still resolving these issues. I'll be doing walking, swimming, posture classes and a bit of running for the other 2-3 hours - but not in a hardcore sense, more for balance and fun.

If you were me, which guild would you join? Can you be a Warrior if you only do 2 hours a week?

Which guild did you choose, and why? 

Huntress

Current challenge - Rebels - Huntress lays the foundations

"The effort yields its own rewards"  - Data, Star Trek: TNG.

Either Warrior or Ranger. I would say you are a better fit for Warrior since you love the heavy weights. And yeah you can be a Warrior even if you spend most of your time working on other things. Up to you :) 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

l chose the warriors because I enjoy lifting weights. I do some other things, but most of that is to improve my lifting. Sounds to me like you are in the same boat. That being said, there don't really seem to be many rules associated with the guilds.  I'd suggest deciding based upon which guild seems most likely to be able to offer you the advice and support they'll need. Of course, I've also noticed quite a bit of cross guild posting.

Tl,dr: Come be a warrior  :nevreness:

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth

It may be that you are a Warrior first and foremost, because of your love for it. There's no decree, howver, that states a Warrior can't run like hell for awhile! :onthego:

If you want to work on running and posture, then by all means hang with the scouts this time around. That's what I'm doing even though I am a Ranger.

I'll check in on you periodically. Shout if you need anything.

Cheers,

Teri

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On