Forums are back in action! ×

It's a *dice roll*... Pleasure to meet you!

Yep. I'm a nerd, and I'm in a galaxy far, far away from "in shape."

I just turned 33, I'm about 5'4" and weigh somewhere around 225. (Not sure exactly, because my scale battery is dead. Oops!).

Anyway, I'm female, and my "race" is listed as half-elf/half-dwarf because I have a very short, stocky torso, and ridiculously long, shapely legs. Er... not to brag, or anything. My legs are just my favorite feature. Lol

As far as being a nerd, I enjoy/fan girl over Doctor Who, tabletop RPGs (Dungeons&Dragons 3.5, Pathfinder, Changeling: The Dreaming, etc.), Game of Thrones (books & tv show), anime, Renaissance Faires, card & board games (common and uncommon), and lots and LOTS of music. I also enjoy participating in community theater, which is why I kinda wish Bard was on the class list, but oh well. :) consequently, that's also why I want to shape up - dancing and singing is much more enjoyable when you're not carrying extra weight around!

Anyway, I'm not super active on the message boards, because I don't have Internet at home yet, so I have to use my iPhone. But I like making new friends, so talk to me!

Oh yeah, to "add" to my nerd-cred... I'm even playing a nerd on stage in "Back to the 80's: The Totally AWESOME Musical!" HA! ;)

Half-Elf/Half-Dwarf - If you saw me, you'd understand.

Level 2 Warrior

(and Bard... "I just want to siiiiing!"  :highly_amused: )

STR: 3    DEX: 2    STA: 1    CON: 3    WIS: 1    CHA: 2

"Don't ask for guarantees.  And don't look to be saved in any one thing, person, machine, or library.  

Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were headed for shore." - Faber, Farenheit 451

Heya,

oh are you playing fergal?!
(My sister played him!)

I'm the same height as you (and far far away from having long legs *fist shake*) and about 20lbs heavier, so I'm kinda in the same boat as you!

Love the rpgs you mentioned, am currently in the middle of a deathwatch campaign :D

I agree with you, I imagine dancing would be so much more enjoyable if I wasn't carrying extra weight, and the self consciousness that comes with it (for me anyways ~"oh god are they watching me jiggle etc")

You sound like you are super busy and active with all of your hobbies and stuff. :)
I wish you the very best of luck with your goals, you can do it!

Dwarf, want to become a Druid-Ranger, but starting off as an Adventurer until I reach basic fitness levels at least!This is where I'm coming from here and hoping to follow these goals!

Lany - no, I'm not playing Feargal. There's no way I could out-nerd the guy who got that part! Lol I'm just an unnamed nerd. But I do get a featured solo, so I'm excited (and extra motivated to drop some weight before show time!)

Awwww... Yeah, the long legs are a little more awkward than they sound, though. Like, my best friend is 5'10" and we can wear each others' pants. I have no torso! Lol

I do keep busy. It's fun, but it can also work against me -having to rely on fast food sometimes, and things like that. I've developed some nasty food habits over the years.

Deathwatch, you say? I've heard of that one, but never played. Is it a good one? I've been without a gaming group for far too long. :( I've been able to play board games and some card games, but no tabletop. There aren't any game stores in the area, so it's harder to find my people. Lol

Anyway, nice to meetcha! Maybe we can keep each other motivated. :) what sort of fitness stuff do you do? Or want to try?

Half-Elf/Half-Dwarf - If you saw me, you'd understand.

Level 2 Warrior

(and Bard... "I just want to siiiiing!"  :highly_amused: )

STR: 3    DEX: 2    STA: 1    CON: 3    WIS: 1    CHA: 2

"Don't ask for guarantees.  And don't look to be saved in any one thing, person, machine, or library.  

Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were headed for shore." - Faber, Farenheit 451

heya!
Ooh cool, I think I remember that solo, really impressive! :)
I dunno, having long legs sounds so amazing (I have stumps. really thick and no definition! Hate my legs!!), i mean you can get dresses and skirts and just wear the heck outta them, I have to do my best to not appear butch!

Yeah I work late sometimes and it's a nightmare with food, I really want good food but takeaways are so tempting when you're tired and lack motivation. I have been finding that making giant batches of food and freezing it helps, especially as then I can have variety without having to rely on making something from scratch!
(Gosh I sound so lazy there)

Deathwatch is a 40k Rpg it's a lot of fun, I got lucky and have super awesome rolls (all six are above 17!!) so I'm totally overpowered, it's great! :D
We do it over skype now a days as the group of friends that I played with in university all moved away and we''re all living in different towns and cities now.
We're thinking of starting a forum type one, if the skype game goes well enough :) We'd always love to have new rpg-ers so I'll let you know if we do go ahead with that one!

I have been gettiing back into watching tv shows again, I didn't have internet for about 3 months as I couldn't afford it, so I have to watch a loooad of dr who to watch, I had only just started with the beginning of the "modern" episodes, and now that its on netflix I have no excuse! 

I walk a lot to get me to and from work and shops etc ( I live quite far out of the city, about a 40mins walk up hill..up steep hills....) but I really want to eventually build up to jogging and running , and yoga/Pilates, as I want to increase my flexibility, and stamina, so that I can join some energetic dance classes I've heard about (but my fitness is waaay off the mark for joining). How about you? :)

Dwarf, want to become a Druid-Ranger, but starting off as an Adventurer until I reach basic fitness levels at least!This is where I'm coming from here and hoping to follow these goals!

Archived