Forums are back in action! ×

Extremely sorry.

I need to rant, just write what I'm thinking and let someone know how damned pissed off I am.

I seriously, hate how because I'm "new" and don't have much experience, I know jack shit about everything. Like I'm totally clueless about what I'm saying. Even though I have the calculation to back my shit up.

Eugh, anyone want to hire an industrial engineer technologist anywhere?

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

I need to rant, just write what I'm thinking and let someone know how damned pissed off I am.

I seriously, hate how because I'm "new" and don't have much experience, I know jack shit about everything. Like I'm totally clueless about what I'm saying. Even though I have the calculation to back my shit up.

I hear you. If anything, new blood should mean no

I hear you here. Lawdy do I hear you.

Level 2 Wood Elf. Druid at Heart, Training With the RangersSTR 7|DEX 3|STA 9|CON 5.5|WIS 5.75|CHA 3.5

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30484-gilfrens-grab-at-great-gams/?hl=gilfren]Challenge Thread

Don't waste your time being angry, look for businesses that don't cling to obsolete traditions and probably ignore any science that goes into effectiveness and productivity in business and working environments.

While employers often have the "upper hand" we need not forget that we also have a power, a power to choose. A power to say "this isn't worth the stress". Might it take time finding a proper business that suits you? Probably, especially considering regional differences and your flexibility in that area. But I'd dare say a proper working environment is worth more than huge bonuses, benefits and whatnot. Because that's just compensation that won't make your work place suck any less if it actually does. (mind you, I'm not saying money doesn't matter - just that money should have to align with individual compability with the work place)

Both for your benefit and the benefit of your employer and your coworkers. If you have any connections that could be useful, use them. While it's probably morally debatable how widespread and influential connections and networking can be (dependant on the specific case).

And while there are still a lot of businesses clinging to traditional sentiments and obsolete practices the tide is changing and the tech companies were some of the first to 'liberalize' certain work place approaches that have been proven to increase productivity, worker happiness and revenue turnover and I'd guess you'd be much more likely in a business where you're not looked down on because you're "young and inexperienced" (which as studies have proven - can actually be quite beneficial as biases easily arise).

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.†- Vince Lombardi

Wolf, level 1 Vampire assassinSTR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Wolfish Philosophy

Current challenge

When this happens to me, I take some time and cool off.  For me, its about a week (no idea what your cool off time is).  If I'm still pissed about whatever it was in a week, then I will bitch to my wife about it.  If I'm still pissed about a week or so after that, I'll take some sort of action.  If not, then I let it wash over me and leave it behind.

Just my two cents, for what they're worth.

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

STR 4|DEX 2.6|STA 5.8|CON 8|WIS 2|CHA 3

MyFitnessPal|My Endomondo

Unfortunatly, I cannot leave work for a week, I need that pay to live. 

In the past 3 weeks, there's at least 3 things that happened that brought me up to boiling point and usually it takes a lot to do so.

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

Unfortunatly, I cannot leave work for a week, I need that pay to live. 

In the past 3 weeks, there's at least 3 things that happened that brought me up to boiling point and usually it takes a lot to do so.

Oh, at work I do my best to ignore those things that are pissing me off and get my work done.  But, if I get REALLY pissed then I'll do exactly what it is I'm supposed to, absolutely no more but no less.  This game usually ends up with me being more pissed though, so I've been trying not to do that.  It doesn't always work.

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

Oh, at work I do my best to ignore those things that are pissing me off and get my work done.  But, if I get REALLY pissed then I'll do exactly what it is I'm supposed to, absolutely no more but no less.  This game usually ends up with me being more pissed though, so I've been trying not to do that.  It doesn't always work.

Yeah, I try to do that usually also. But since I work for the quality departement, it's hard to dodge a departement.

Yeah, I try to do that usually also. But since I work for the quality departement, it's hard to dodge a departement.

Yeah, its not always easy and it doesn't always work.  And its really just a way for me to check my temper (as I can have a bit of a short fuse sometimes and I've worked for years and years to control it), so it may not always work and it may not work for everyone.

Best of luck though!  Whether you decide to stick around there or start job hunting, I hope it works out!  

Also - venting can help all by itself too, so maybe you've already made the first step.

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

I'd look for constructive ways of venting, though. Science has affirmed time and time again over the last decades that "you just need to let it out, man - otherwise you're gonna blow up!" is a bunch of hogwash so be careful you don't work yourself into a state of "addictive rage". (which is definitely possible)

Now, what way constructive venting for you is going to be is for you to find out. But I'd consider anything that leaves you more pissed off or shows any real destructive tendencies (not just physical) inconstructive.

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.†- Vince Lombardi

Wolf, level 1 Vampire assassinSTR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Wolfish Philosophy

Current challenge