Forums are back in action! ×

Getting started

Howdy Folks,

I'm new to Nerd Fitness, and new to posting on forums like this as I'm a private person and don't really care for discussing my personal issues with a lot of other people, but since this is fairly anonymous I'll give it a try.

I'm the guy who was always good, but not great at most sports, I ran track in H.S. and that allowed me to eat whatever I wanted, once H,S, ended I stopped running but not eating. Now 10 years later I ballooned up to 220lbs.

This is the first time I'm trying a program like this, a total body workout program and thus far I'm having some trouble motivating myself to do the workouts.

For the most part the change in diet has been ok during the week, but it seems that every weekend my friends want to BBQ or go to some bar and I don't have the willpower to not over eat/drink nor do I want to be antisocial, any suggestions?

I know I need to lose weight, I want to look better, fit into my old (hopefully not completely out of style) clothes, and I just want to live a longer more comfortable life. I've tried setting both short and long term goals and I really want to meet them.

Thanks for reading and any suggestions and/or words of encouragement 

Hi there! Welcome!

I can speak from a personal stand point... when you look at all your bad habits on a big picture scale... it's overwhelming and highly discouraging.

Pick one bad habit at a time. For example, I love to get my drink on. I love me some dark beer. So then I scaled it back to low cal beer. Then swapped down to my lowest point of control.

Then I moved to my next vice: creamer in my coffee.. switch to low fat, switched to sugar free, switched to half and half, then black.

Do it one thing at a time and it won't be such a mental blow out.

AND I'm horribly awkward socially. This place is great for peeps like us.

Level 2 Wood Elf. Druid at Heart, Training With the RangersSTR 7|DEX 3|STA 9|CON 5.5|WIS 5.75|CHA 3.5

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30484-gilfrens-grab-at-great-gams/?hl=gilfren]Challenge Thread

Archived