Forums are back in action! ×

Blazedge Introduction

Greetings!

I am new here, but I have already begun the newest six week challenge, and have made a few posts as well in the Monk Guild. Seeing as there is a 'Rebel Introduction' page, I thought I'd at least keep with tradition and introduce myself (again and officially).

I'm here for what everyone is here for I imagine: to better myself. Aside from long term life goals, I'm really looking to become more fit, build more muscle, and become more proficient in martial arts, which so happens to be my obsession these days (and I can't see that diminishing anytime...EVER!).

Other than my self proclaimed obsession, I'm also an avid guitar player, (with a strong emphasis on hard rock/metal), snowmobiler, dirtbiker/quadder, and overall good guy (another self proclamation?). Above all else I am a father of two young ones and husband to a beautiful, amazing wife.

I am a fairly positive person who's focus right now is for self development; I look forward to conversing with many other, similarly positive people amongst this website.

Anyway, great job and congratulations to everyone for having found this site, and I'm glad that I finally have.

Cheers!

Blazedge

Lv.2 MONK <Str: 4, Dex-5, Sta-4, Con-3, Wis-6, Cha-4>

Knowing is not enough, you must apply......

......Willing is not enough you must do -  Bruce Lee

Sounds like you're in the right place. I myself considered joining the Monks (it was between that and assassins) but I decided where I am at right now (geographically and financially) I needed to do something that relied more on bodyweight. What sort of martial art do you practice? Multiple?

Also, glad to see another guitar player. I started out playing older rock songs.

But anyways. Welcome to the NF community. We're glad you're here "to better yourself," because we are, too. (I love your Bruce Lee quote, btw.)

“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.

But still there is much that is fair. And though in all lands, love is now

mingled with grief, it still grows, perhaps, the greater.â€

--J.R.R. Tolkien, "Return of the King"

"Are the gods not just?"

"Oh no, child. What would become of us if they were?"

--C.S. Lewis, "Till We Have Faces"

Thanks for the Welcome, torpedotor! The Assassins is the other group that stood out for me in my eyes; I'd like to strive to add more of that class description to my lifestyle.

Currently I am studying Wing Chun & Shaolin Kung fu. The school I attend has created a curriculum that combines both styles, so it is a nice combination of shaolin fitness, qigong, and wing chun drills. I'd like to become proficient at this style and take up another one. I've considered training multiple styles of martial arts, but after hearing from a few people's decision on the matter, decided to focus on what I'm doing now, and look at other styles down the road. Do you study any martial art?

I love playing the guitar! It was my obsession earlier in my life. When I said I was an avid guitar player, it really should have read "...I'm also an avid guitar player, who never gets time to play and is severely lacking in the practice category...." Creating more time in my schedule for guitar playing has been a challenge, but it is something that I'm looking at, and hopefully in the near future will be able to find that time.

Blazedge

Lv.2 MONK <Str: 4, Dex-5, Sta-4, Con-3, Wis-6, Cha-4>

Knowing is not enough, you must apply......

......Willing is not enough you must do -  Bruce Lee

I myself am a guitar player lacking practice. (I'm doing an internship away from home and couldn't bring my guitar. Disaster!) You could always make adding more practice time as one of your life goals for a six-week challenge. 30 minutes a day? Maybe even only 3-4 days a week?

Also, it's your story. There are no rules saying you can't be an Assassin and a Monk. So why not? (I guess you just wouldn't be able to put both as your class simultaneously, but you could switch off.)

I have never studied martial arts. I have done some grappling and some boxing. If I had the ability to join a boxing gym I may have done Monks, but you do what you can with what you have where you're at, right?

“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.

But still there is much that is fair. And though in all lands, love is now

mingled with grief, it still grows, perhaps, the greater.â€

--J.R.R. Tolkien, "Return of the King"

"Are the gods not just?"

"Oh no, child. What would become of us if they were?"

--C.S. Lewis, "Till We Have Faces"

Archived