Forums are back in action! ×

Getting in shape in The Last Frontier

No, not Star Trek. Alaska! But where to start..  :confused:  

My name is Jessica, I'm 25, 5'0" short, and married to my dream paratrooper in the Army (which just so happens to be why we live in Alaska). I grew up in North Carolina, spent 5 years at Bragg (lucky us), and just moved here to Anchorage last month. So far I am loving it here; the weather is comfortable (though some Alaskans will tell you 70 degrees is hot), and we are walking distance from a nice big park (my little dog loves it too). My biggest concern is when the seasons will start to shift, and I'm seeing snow by late September - early October, how motivated to get out and walk will I be? And then I found NerdFitness :D

Some time last year my body decided to confuse its normal reaction to stress with that of famine. Well... there may have been a lot more factors in play here... but I'm the biggest I've ever been in my life. This time last year I weighed ~120 lbs. I weighed in at the doc's today at 140 lbs, and I feel gross. Four years ago I weighed 112 lbs. For my height, 130 lbs is overweight; my goal is to be that ideal 110-115 again. I quit smoking in early March of this year, but I was already at 134 lbs by then. And the week we spent eating take-out and riding in the Uhaul during the move here to AK didn't help either.

My Nerdiness Defined: RPGs. I love 'em. I've been addicted to the Elder Scrolls games ever since Morrowind. The Final Fantasy VII soundtrack plays on my heartstrings. You get the idea :) The only thing that surpasses Skyrim in my book is the LARP I was a part of for just over a year back home in NC (so you say 'yeeaa well that's a little *too* nerdy for me', and I say not this one. Currently 60+ regular players strong and growing!). There's nothing quite like running around in the woods, dressed in crazy costumes, playing whatever character you imagine, and beating people with foam swords!

I'm normally really shy and self-conscious about 'help' and 'support', but after reading through forums I'm happy knowing I'm surrounded my like-minded people :)

Sweet little Gnome; just like a Hobbit with better hygiene.

Lvl 1 Adventurer (and distant dreams of Assassin)

[sTR] 2 | [DEX] 3 | [sTA] 2 | [CON] 3 | [WIS] 3 | [CHA] 2

Hi and welcome to the Rebellion!

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

Archived