Forums are back in action! ×

3months strict paleo = 39 lbs lost!

I cannot believe these results! I weighed once a week and measured once a month. It's a lifestyle change for me. I couldn't go back to my previous eating habits. From channel surfing couch potato to weight training and running 6 miles non stop. The difference in my energy and moods is addictive. Started at 190 lbs and I'm 151 today. Not at my goal weight yet but I never expected to be this close. Most of my goals now are fitness goals and not what the scale says. Kind of liberating. Lol

Hi, Way to go you!  

I'm just starting out on the paleo diet and would love some advice!   I'm really struggling with breakfast.  :(  I usually end up going for fruit but that's a bit high in sugar and I'd really like to cut down a little but don't know what else to have.  There's the obvious egg variations, but that gets a bit dull.  What do you suggest?  I'd love to see results like yours!

Leanne

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

For breakfast I almost always have a smoothie.

1-2 cups almond milk. Plain unsweetened

1 raw egg

1 tsp almond butter

1 cup frozen fruit (berries or peaches or mango)

Blend together

Original recipe called for a whole can of coconut milk which tastes great but my weight loss stalled that week and I got badly constipated. Assumed it was the coconut milk and switched to almond.

Nice one, many congratulations

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

@Guzzi Girl - For my 60 day Paleo Rockout session, I just kept in mind the great Triumverate: Fruits, Veggies, and lean Proteins. When in doubt, do what's simple. Eggs, Turkey Bacon, Steamed Broccoli, and an Apple was the 'usual' breakfast for me. Sometimes I'd have a protein shake. Sometimes I'd eat yesterday's dinner if it was left over. There's no need to complicate it by getting a specific combo going on. Just stick to the Big 3 and you ought to see the results. 

Make sure to drink a lot of water too.

@Polargirl - Awesome work. Truly. Every person I've ever met who went Paleo made some crazy progress. I'm just now starting over on another Round of 60 days and I'm super excited to see what the end results will be for you. Keep that passion for success burning. =D

Thanks for the tips guys.  :)   I never even thought of turkey bacon.  I'm not convinced that regular bacon is  really paleo as it's so processed and full of chemicals so I don't want to eat too much of it, turkey bacon seems like a good alternative.  I also need to check out that smoothie

I tried out the "paleo pancakes" that somebody had posted somewhere else on the forum and LOVED them!  I had them with some asparagus wrapped in parma ham.  Reall recomend them, they're really good!

Going paleo is one of my goals for the 6 week challenge. My diet's not bad at the moment, but I really want to give this a shot and see if it makes a difference (especially to the waistline!) ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

@Polargirl, nice work! Sounds like you've really found the joy in your new lifestyle, which is what will keep you there! (I have to keep reminding myself that the scale is not an end unto itself!)

@GuzziGirl I have found that making a fritatta is a great way to have breakfast ready to go for a few days, then you don't have to think in the morning. You can add whatever you like but I totally dig adding sweet potatoes, bacon (no nitrates), leeks, brocolli, green peppers, spinach, what ever veggies you like really. I usually add some coconut milk to the eggs to make it smoother.

@PhantomDingo I LOL'd so loud at your profile picture :)

Paleo is rough, but totes worth it. I first got into it when I was losing weight for my wedding. Amazing what eating REAL FOOD does for you, eh? Real results, man. I'm super proud of your awesome achievement! I can't wait to see come upon your next milestone, whatever goals they may be!