Forums are back in action! ×

I don't know what I want for a goal

I give it around a 90% chance I end up just being a lurker here but I have decided to introduce myself anyway.  So, Hello.  I am 5'9", 160ish pounds and am not very active so that number is at risk to keep rising.  I have a tendency to ramble and make overlong posts when I am active on message boards.   Until a few years ago I had worked in manual labor all my adult life but now I sit at a desk for 9 hrs a day.  Don't get me wrong, this is a huge life upgrade but having to put effort into fitness is a foreign concept to me.  My current goals are better posture (see here for details) and portion control (as I tend to still eat as if I am still manual laboring all day).  Thing is I don't know what I actually want from there.  Do I want to work on endurance, I used to be a runner in high school and liked it but was never any good (dead last every race 4 years).  Do I want to work on loosing some weight and get rid of the slowly increasing belly I am forming.  Do I want to work on strength, I've never done that before... could be interesting.  

Welcome!

I too sit at a desk 9 hours a day, so I feel ya! Being healthy and fit has always been a challenge for me. I got my act together a few months ago, and fount this site. If you are looking for portion control I would look at the Paleo diet/lifestyle because there are really no portions. It is eating as much of the right foods as you want. There are some good articles on this site, and all over the web.

I love strength training. I enjoy heavy lifting and seeing myself get stronger, but you got to do what makes you happy when it comes to exercise.

Nick

Lvl 2 Dwarven Warrier

(STR) - 3 (DEX) - 2 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 2 (WIS) - 2 (CHA) - 2

"Ride to meet your fate.Your destiny awaits" Amon Amarth "Twilight of the Thunder God"

Archived