Forums are back in action! ×

Action Nerd

I think I did this a little backwards, starting with the current 6 week challenge rather than with the introduction, but I hope you all will forgive me for my complete disregard for order: may the entropy of the universe forever be negative! 

I found Nerd Fitness when I was doing research on paleo eating, and while I am not particularly interested in all that diet has to offer, I do love the writing style, wonderful fitness advice, and numerous Star Wars references here. When I got the newsletter for this latest 6 week challenge, I had to try it, just to see if I could do it.  

Now I am here, sharing my personal nerdiness:

Hi, my name is Stacy, and I am an action nerd, as Christopher Moore might put it.  I'm a marine biologist by trade, but my current training does not seem to be enough to provide a meager lifestyle just yet, so I am going back to school to start on the Masters this fall in shark genetic and ecology research. I've done quite a bit of field work with zooplankton and sharks/ large predatory fish, but projects come and go very quickly or not at all in the non-medical science world.

While I am not taking tissue or biomass samples, I am a lifeguard and swim instructor. A big responsibility with the perk of free pool use for the addicted swimmer. I'm not a competitive swimmer, but I am very interested in becoming one, if I can ever find a US Master's  Swim Team that I can join or manage the additional areas of triathalon.

When not working or swimming, I like to imagine doing all kinds of adventure "sports" like I used to do before I was in a car wreck that injured my knees and ankles, or started paying back student loans. Since I have always been a fat kid, my primary fitness goals are to reclaim my ability to do the adventure sports like kayaking, hiking, SCUBA diving, etc. that I seemed to lose in my accident.

I have scads of other goals, but if I went into those, this post would exceed the word limit. In conclusion, I am mostly a science nerd, with some deep seeded enthusiasm for science fiction, writing, and video games with a good story line but not a lot of necessary coordination. I'm a little unhealthy, but trying to get on the right track so that life can be fun. Also, I have no idea what my race is (humans are boring) or how to figure out my skill sheet (dexterity -4?).  I missed instructions somewhere in the mad rush to put thoughts on the internet. EDIT: Discovery through reading is very important  :onthego:

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Archived