Forums are back in action! ×

Howdy from the Lone Star State

Howdy y'all,

I'm not sure where to even start lol.  I found the blogs yesterday and read through several of them and got some much need inspiration and helpful tips.

I haven't read through many of the intros so let's see how this goes...

Nerdiness:

I'm a Zelda fan for life, all the way back to the gold NES cartrige to Skyward Sword.  I'll buy a new Nintendo system just for a Zelda game.  My current obsession is Clash of Clans, Texas clan, level 77 and finally got to a crystal badge yesterday for those of y'all that play.  Other than that, i don't do to many games, but i love doing math and science research.  I'm an underwriting supervisor so getting to figure out how the current market is, viewing appraisals, title, calculating income and solving the problems of keeping people in their homes makes me enjoy what I do, although stressful.

My past:

I was in marching band in HS, back then i could eat anything i wanted and lose weight due to the hours and hours in the Texas August heat, i was burning it off.  I got down to 180ish but still never was "in shape"  sure i could walk and run farther than my friends, but they were always physically stronger... it was all in my legs.  In HS and after my first year of college (drop out) i worked jobs that made me be physical, i worked at a farmers market for years unloading 400 watermellons one at a time by hand... not a bad workout idea if you ask me.  Then at about 20 years old, i decided i had enough of that and wanted to get into the corporate world and make good money and wear nice close to work every day.  Best decision I've made as far as my financial future is concerned, but probably the worst I've made for my overall health.  I was forced to work hard physically before and now i have a desk job.  Over the next 10 years (i am 30 now) I went from that slim good looking guy with a full head of hair, to at my worst, 290 lbs.  A few years ago, i started eating better but without much exercise i got down to about 240, and honestly i was great with that being 6'3".

Then that slacked off too... and i got back up to about 280.  About, a week or 2 ago, i finally decided I've had enough.  I had to change myself.

Current:

I started off as mentioned above about 2 weeks ago, on a high protein, eating 5 small meals a day diet.  It has worked so far, down a few lbs.  I started walking/jogging about 3 weeks ago.  I would walk, and every day  make sure i walked a bit farther than i did the previous day.  If i jogged, i started at the same spot and made sure i did at least 10 steps more each day.  I can walk all day long, 2-10 miles, doesn't matter.  It was burning calories, i'm not seeing the results i was hoping for.

I found this blog yesterday and read through at least 5 of the blog posts.  I found the Beginners body weight circuit and it sounded exactly like what i needed. So i came home after work, set it up and did it.... once lol.  I had more sweat pouring out of me in 5 minutes of that than i did in an hour of walking.  Iwanted to do it again because i was excited about it, but know that i shouldn't... i can't wait to get home tomorrow and make myself do more.  Even if it's one more jumping jack... it's more than i did last time, and i leveled up.  My legs feel ike they did the first day of band camp after marching for 8 hours and my arms feel like they did the first time i unloaded over 400 watermelons by hand... I missed these muscles being sore... i'm tired of being lazy. Diet change... check... new workout... check... I could go on, but i think for a first post that should cover quite a bit.

Thanks everyone for reading.

Archived