Forums are back in action! ×

No time like the present- but where to start?!

Hello from New Jersey!

I'm a twentysomething female who's just returned from living abroad. I didn't have access to a lot of healthy food (and definitely no gyms) so I put on quite a bit of weight.  :nightmare: Now that I'm home and have a new perspective on all of the awesome resources around me, I want to make some major changes. I joined this site because I want to find some accountability for my fitness goals. 

My current measurements: 5'2" 140 lbs.

My goal: 5'2" (nothing I can do about that, haha) 120 lbs. by my birthday in September.

The method: Paleo hybrid diet (I don't eat red meat, so I need to tweak it and see what works), HIIT, basic bodyweight strength training.

It seems like a lot to change, and it's a bit overwhelming to jump right in. I realized as soon as I changed my diet, I wasn't getting as much out of my workouts. 

Any advice?

I'm always looking for more fitness-oriented friends!  :redface: 

Welcome and good luck!

Just a few suggestions:

Make sure your diet is dialed in first and foremost. I eat very little red meat so I base it around chicken, and fish.

For HITT I would keep it to less than 20 min every other day.

Yes it is overwhelming. But it is one step at a time, small achievable goals. If something does not go right learn from it and move on.

Nick

Lvl 2 Dwarven Warrier

(STR) - 3 (DEX) - 2 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 2 (WIS) - 2 (CHA) - 2

"Ride to meet your fate.Your destiny awaits" Amon Amarth "Twilight of the Thunder God"

Archived