Forums are back in action! ×

He did not hesitate. He opened the door and stepped through.

I've been reading the NF blog for several months, but this is my first time on the forums. Mostly because I can't access them at work when I do most of my web playing. But I need to stop hesitating and jump right in!

I'm not a newbie to working out but I have long-term commitment issues. I need a program and a schedule otherwise I completely fall apart. I'm a runner. And saying that makes me cringe. Because I don't think I look like a runner and I'm not fast. If I can hit a 10 minute pace I feel like I've won the lottery. I have a love-hate relationship with running. I love that I've done it and I love being able to say I've run  a couple 1/2 marathons. But putting on my running shoes and getting out there can be a challenge. Putting each foot in front of the other to keep running is a challenge. And after I've run a 1/2, I sometimes won't run again for a couple months. I want to be more consistent.

I just started lifting weights about 9 months ago. I started with the New Rules of Lifting for Women program and love it. Unfortunately I only loved it enough to get through stage 3. I'm starting it over again with a friend. I'd like to try the Rebel Fitness Guide but feel I should finish what I started.

Foodwise, I've been eating about 70% paleo. I don't worry about what I eat when I go out, and I try to eat out only once a week. My biggest focus is on eating real food as opposed to processed. Especially for snacks.

I guess some general stuff about me... I'm 29 (turning 30 in a few months!), married for 7 years in September, and mom of a 1 year old. I  have a super boring desk job that keeps me sitting for 9 hours a day. I've found a lot of blogs to read during that time. My partner in crime (hubby) is on the same boat as me and tries to eat healthy(ish) and run. I'm lucky to have his support and not have to worry about him sabotaging my attempts.

My weight has fluctuated between 130-140 after the baby (which is better than it was before, thank you Jesus!), but my goal is to be under 130. I would just like to say in the 120's. But I feel okay at 132-133.

Uuuum. I like to read. I watch a couple TV shows, but don't like the TV on as background noise. I love music and concerts even though I hardly go to them anymore. I baby my 135lb great dane more than my 21lb daughter (but don't worry, I love her most!). I consider myself laid back and boring. I enjoy down time and hanging out at home with the family or neighbors.

Annnd this is getting long. So yeah, that's me. Mostly. =)

Archived