Forums are back in action! ×

Noob. Total, can't run for a bus without collapsing laughably on the pavement, noob!

Hey everyone!

So, why I'm here: I'm a recent recruit of the quarter lifer's club, and now, I feel like real life is actually kicking in. And I'm excited! But, there's a lot I feel like I'd like to do to feel ready. Including getting into better shape (i.e. less nachos for breakfast, more exercise, less pulling all nighters fuelled by red bull and ENTIRE tubes of pringles.....ugh.) 

I stumbled on the nerd fitness website and so many of articles here are excellent, they really are enlightening. This is definitely a wagon I'd like to jump up onto!

Aims: to shed weight, become stronger, and overall adopt a more healthy lifestyle. This is going to be my main project for the time being, because I want it to be a lasting change; I will also be working on other crucial life matters, like finding a real job, and making money through whatever inventive means I can cook up before that comes to pass. 

I'm 5'2",120 pounds, and a UK 12 in clothing (this latter part is getting really annoying, as my clothes are 8-10 and I miss being comfortable.... there's only so many times you can jokingly laugh off a casually unzipped pair of skinny jeans)

I'm vegetarian, near vegan. I'll be trying as much as I can to adopt a Paleo diet after everything I've learned about carbs. As with everyone, I really, really love tasty food, so I'm definitely going to be embarking on some kitchen wizardry to try and make this work. 

And I almost forgot...geek credentials!

I'm a postgrad biology student, for starters; I love reading fantasy, gaming, Whedonverse, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Ghibli, Doctor Who. My favourite dress features a map of Middle Earth and my family refers to me as their hobbit (though I fortunately escaped the curse of hairy feet)  

Phew...thank you for reading, if you got this far! 

Archived