Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from Blighty!

Hi Rebels!

I'm Jade, 23 years of age, currently living in the UK and wanting to level up my life!

I've always been on the chunky side ("Big-boned" because of my African-American lineage, as my mom would try to sugar coat it) since I was a child and have struggled with losing weight. I've fallen off the diet/exercise wagon so many times they don't save a space for me anymore! My mother suffers with Fibromyalgia, along with other muscular/fatigue issues, and my dad has diabetes and heart problems.

I stumbled across NF a couple weeks ago but wanna start putting a plan in action. I'm sick of having little energy, being embarrassed about my body and clothes sizes and don't want my life to be fated to my heritage. I've done a lot of reading about the Paleo diet and plan to incorporate that into my lifestyle with immediate effect! Once I'm confident I'll stick with this diet, I'd like to then add in workouts and exercise to shift the pounds.

You seem like an awesome group of guys 'n' gals and I appreciate any advice and support you have to offer!

Thanks,

RogueWolf

Level 1 Wood Elf Adventurer

Challenge(s) - Current

Hey RogueWolf, welcome to the pack! ;-) There are a few other UKians trundling around the boards (myself included). Good luck with your weight loss mission - you can do it! Head over to the Adventurers, I think quite a few of those guys are working to lose weight.

I sometimes wonder if the thinking behind Paleo is a bit strange (obviously we have evolved since those times!), but you can't deny the results. All the studies I've seen have shown it's beneficial in terms of risk of diabetes, heart disease, etc. So go for it! Taking things into your own hands, and not letting genetics be your fate is BADASS. Good luck on your quest!

Vixen

Assassin Level 2

Challenge #1, #1.5, #2 , #3 , #4, #5 (current)

Archived