Forums are back in action! ×

This seemed like a nice place to park my time machine

Hey guys!

My name's Conall and I'm an 18 year old guy living and studying in the lovely city of Brisbane, Australia. I've been moseying around the Nerd Fitness forums and have been champing at the bit to sign up and join in the fun! 

A bit of a briefer on me (my 'origin story' if you will.) For most of my life I was pretty unfit and generally ate a lot more than I exercised, but around two years ago I started getting a bit more comfortable with myself and developed the confidence to get out there and try new things, exercise and physical stuff in particular. I started doing bodyweight routines that I found on NF, and this has led me to the present day, where I've just wrapped up my first footy season in five years ( I played rugby union for my college :) )  

At uni there is a lot more sports and fitness related activities on offer and I really want to take advantage of them all next semester. I've spent most of my first semester learning my way around the gym, trying to eat well on college food, and getting into a good sleeping groove. Next semester I want to sign up for a martial art- I tried a few karate lessons and loved it, but they don't fit in with my schedule so I'll switch to kung fu instead. I think I'll be joining the Monk's Guild.

OK, I think I'm supposed to post a bit about my nerd cred here... MASSIVE Whovian (although I haven't seen the five new episodes yet.. no spoilers!), Sherlockian, and  Wholockian, while we're at it.  I've also just got into Game of Thrones and ASOIAF and I'm hooked. I'm a fan of period- early 20th century lit (I've just finished Odd John by Olaf Stapleton and am hoping to dig deeper into the Saki anthology I just found at a book sale once I've finished exams). I also sing 80s hits in my college a cappella group. I hope that covers it...

I'll post my 6 week challenge goals once I have a bit of a brainstorm and decide what I need to work on first. Thanks guys, hope to see you soon!

Archived