Forums are back in action! ×

Hello! I just arrived in my fantastic boat!

If you're from Norway, like me, you get the title!

Anyway. I'm a 23year old deck officer student from Norway! I changed my lifestyle around january last year, I decided to finally start living, what they call "healthy", and shed some unnecessary kgs.

I started then at around 77kgs, and I'm now down to around 58kgs! I decided I didn't want to crash diet or anything like that, because that usually don't work out. Now, i've been up and down, doing a lot of LCHF and low calorie diets the last time, i've also worked out, generally Jillian Michael Dvds and jogging/walking/HIIT. 

I did Jillian Michales 30 days shred, and something strange started appearing, muscles? Yes, indeed. So, I decided I wanted to focus on getting sum muscles. 

Im currently in the process of making myself a TRX/Sling trainer thing and i'll continue with my daily jogging routine (20 mins in the morning to wake up, usually wake up around 10mins into the workout).

I'm so sick and tired of weighing my food, counting carbs, calories, proteins, fats, whatever. So i've decided to cut the crap, focusing on paleo. I'll go soft in the beginning, but basically cut out all dairy, sugar, etc. Remove all fake stuff like "LCHF pancakes" or whatever I stuff my face in to try to give into my sugar craving, and just focus on plain, pure meat and veggies! Sounds good?

Then i'll have my daily jog and sling training three times a week. I'm fairly active, i've worked as a deckhand the last five years and lived on a boat, since I also HATE gyms, i've decided hooking a sling trainer to the mast of my ship will be excellent vacation training!

I'm looking forward to joining the rebellion, (despite the fact I'm more of a trekkie, but i'll manage..sulk) and hope to learn how to live a healthy life, manage my weight, build some muscles and generally enjoy life, without the calorie,carb counting madness and pacing away on a treadmill to burn off that slice of cake, or whatever (I don't eat cake anymore, so). I've used a year to reach a weight I feel fairly comfortable with, i'm glad i'm below 60kgs, but I don't feel that strong and healthy. I guess I had a little eye opener the other day during a fireman course (most people who work on deck or in the engines on ships need to be able to function as firemen in case of emergency, since we're to far from land to call someone else), I used to be able to don the entire fireman gear with close to no problems! yes, the legs are a bit long and the jacket to big, but I could carry the tank and everything, not even breaking a sweat (a lie), this time I barely managed to lift a tank! I did manage at last, but I couldn't remember it being that heavy, as I spent one year as a functioning fireman on board a ship before I started studying! Luckily, three days with strength training and I got some muscles back, but I realize now I need to work harder! When I read Spezzy/Staci's story I couldn't help being inspired, and a light went off. I need to eat my meat and my veggies, work out and generally be active and have fun! 

I hope to achieve this with my new plan and with some help and support here in this community! Hopefully I can give something back as well! 

I'm glad to have found the light! 

- Starfish

Archived