Forums are back in action! ×

I need help - maybe a kick?

This was supposed to be the year. The year of me! The year that I get into shape, get healthy, loose those pounds.. and now it's the middle of the year and I've barely moved. 

I started with passion, I did good, then life happened and down the drain I went with it. I was actively and sticking 100% to Paleo diet. I was working out, pushing myself hard, feeling good! 

Basically my boyfriend and I started this journey together, however when we broke up (and i was kicked out of the house) it just went to the crapper! I now live alone, and am trying to get back into eating healthy and working out, but the will power is so low right now because I feel so alone. I know, this is depressing.. but I wanted to know if I can get some help.. someone to talk to, someone to push me.. someone to make me feel like I can do it again.

Hey, I worked out this morning at least, but then I had toast! :( I also bought a soda.. grr!

Sorry for being all over the place. I'm just trying to put my thoughts out there.. I can make sense of it later =/

Niwa no niwa ni wa, niwa no niwatori wa niwaka ni wani wo tabeta.

When life deals you a blow like that, you need to take the time necessary to properly process it all and deal with it in your own head. If you try to rush that process, or ignore it all together, it can lead to fluctuating willpower down the road. The key is to push yourself as much as you can manage, but recognize that you're dealing with a shitty situation, so you probably won't be able to be all perfect all the time, and that's ok.

Focus on becoming comfortable in your new situation. Working out and eating healthy can be a part of that, but don't get down on yourself if you're not perfect with that. As long as you're doing the best you can, don't worry if it's not 100%.

I had a rough go of it about a year ago, and it took me a long time to find my footing. During that time I just focused on doing what I needed to do figure out my new path and didn't worry about the rest of it, I simply didn't have the energy. Now that I've found that new path, and have my feet under me again, I'm able to focus more on things like my diet and workouts.

Good luck! 

Dare mighty things

I second obax. Take a time out, get your feet back under you and let your life stabilize.

Maybe just work on some small things, drinking water instead of soda, going for regular walks, stuff like that.

You can do it!!

Just a guy on a journey - Battle Log

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Be honest with yourself and ethically pursue your happiness - Laz