Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, NF people!

And so it begins, again. But this time, I feel a strange sensation. I think I may actually succeed this time. 

I have a few dreams which have become priority, and they are my inspiration to hone my body into fitness. I want to travel and go on adventures, ride horses and motorcycles, learn how to sail, try out kickboxing and belly dance (yes, you read that right.) Not being able to do any of those, keeping me nearly agoraphobic, staying in toxic relationships which stress and sabotage me, made me search for something I felt would finally work for me, having dieted and failed for nearly 30 years (since age 8.)

I hate cardio. Specifically, I hated people like my ex mother-in-law who was an aerobics instructor and dressed in hot pink spandex with leg warmers and a kicky headband. I am the antithesis of perky. What I liked best was feeling strong, so when the new Nautilus gym came along, I was there. Problem was it was a half hour drive (I live in a rural area) and eventually I couldn't get there regularly, life being as it is. 

Fast forward to now, and I found NF. The Paleo way of eating appealed to me, because I knew that sugar, not fat, was my main problem. And after sufficient research, I decide to get the Rebel Fitness Guide. I deeply appreciate the strength moves I can do without a gym, and without bouncing around like a moron (which my downstairs neighbor also appreciates.) 

And how do I fit into the Nerd paradigm? I owned a Commodore 64. I've built, repaired, and upgraded computers. I play Warcraft and Second Life, I played TSO (RIP), I love Star Wars and I own a telescope. I created, owned and operated an online radio station from the ground up and kept it going for 3 years. From the station, I learned how to create a website by doing it. I have lots more nerd cred but let's leave a little room for mystery. 

As I'm a delicate female ( :tongue:), I'd rather not refer to myself as an "ogre" (tall and big) but rather, a Tauren, who would like to look more like a Night Elf. Although druids are my primary characters in WoW, I think IRL I'd shoot for Ranger, because of the strength aspect.

I'm a complete n00b, so I'm following the Rebel program to the letter, and sticking to a Paleo diet 6 days a week. I'm stubborn, like a bull (or a Tauren.) I took beginner pics of myself, which required great deals of courage. I do not own a scale, but I intend to measure progress on my charts and through my clothing fit. Later on, I may add some sort of measurement details. 

I hope to get to know some of you and that you'll keep reminding me how awesome I'll look riding that sport bike I've promised myself when I hit my goal. 

Kat

Archived