Forums are back in action! ×

New to the Nerds

Hi there, how's it going?

One of my friends just joined this site and keeps talking about it. I finally checked it out a few days ago and have since been drawn back several times. I like the young, fresh feel of this website. I also like how the training and dieting aspects are open ended... you aren't a rigid bunch of fat-only eaters, or an exclusive runners group. There's a lot of information, and something for everybody. I've read some of the e-books, articles, and workout routines. This is my first attempt at interaction, and I'm nervous! Not sure why...

I'm here because I have fitness goals. Specifically, I want to lose fat, gain lean muscle, and find myself at a healthy weight and BF%. Currently, I'm at 155 lbs and 29% bf. I want to reach 135-140 lbs and get to under 25% bf. Beyond the metrics, I don't care too much about specific numbers. I want to look good, feel healthy, and have a disease-free life.

I have a strong background in Paleo dieting, and jumped back on the wagon recently (1.5 months ago). So far, I've seen some successes. I've lost about 10 lbs, and a cumulative 6.25 inches from my measurements. I'm trying to find the next thing that will kick my routine up a notch. I'm currently experimenting with some weight training and running. Additionally, I am a practiced yogini, and incorporate quiet yoga practice into my routines. I foresee to possibility of progressing in a couple of different directions, but need to incorporate more information and input. I'm open to change.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to seeing you around the forums!

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

Archived