Forums are back in action! ×

Not exactly new...(in the strictest sense anyway)

So I'm back - posted here in the intro forums a little under a year ago, and then life happened. I *let* my job get in the way of my health; we planned and executed a major infrastructure changeover (from fat client installations to Citrix delivered applications) and application upgrade in about 6 months. (note: I say let because at the time I made excuses about "being too busy" or "too tired", and excuses are like a**holes, everyone has one and they all stink)

I've gotten to that point again. I've done some dieting and some fitness stuff over the last few months, but need something more to keep me accountable. It's time for me to make my stand.

A little about me: 6'4", 253lbs (down from 267). Been eating mostly Keto, but having trouble staying that strict with my carbs. I just finished Couch to 5K with a buddy, and am planning on running in the Warrior Dash this summer, super excited about it too.

Today is day two of Convict Conditioning for me; I used to live and die by calisthenics in the Army, so I'm going back to my roots. I particularly enjoy that I'll be able to keep up with that workout if I'm traveling (only need an 8x10, right?). Not sure where body weight training would put me in the guilds, so if anyone has any ideas, please chime in.

If you have questions or suggestions, by all means, shoot :)

-Steve

LVL 1 Space Viking

Bodyweight training will slot you into the Assassins. 

Welcome back, get amongst the guys and they'll give you all the support and info as they can. 

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Archived