Forums are back in action! ×

Bride-to-be wants to look good in dress and have a long, healthy life

Hi, everyone,

I am new here, although not really new to fitness.  I studied martial arts for a long time, but have not been able to do it lately because of knee problems.  I also have lifted weights, on and off, for about 10 years, although I didn't really know what I was doing until I took a strength training class at my college in 2010.

I learned the basics in that class, but eventually the basics got boring, and I fell out of it.  Then someone told me about a diet and exercise plan called LiveFit, developed by model Jamie Eason.  It's a 12-week plan that is supposed to whip you into shape.  I am getting married in September, and decided to start the plan 16 weeks before the wedding.  That way, I figured I could stretch the plan out a bit in case parts of it are too difficult.

I am definitely enjoying the plan.  And I am definitely finding it challenging.  I am doing exercises I never even considered doing before; the mental challenge keeps me interested.  I have had to modify it a little because of my knee pain, but I figure that's OK.  By the end of the 12 (or 16) weeks, I am hoping to come up with a routine based on what I am learning and continue following it.  In addition, I am trying to do yoga when I have the time, and I have a Beagle/Jack Russell Terrier mix who is always ready for walks and games.

My short-term goal is to look good in my wedding dress.  :)  My long-term goal is to have a long, healthy life.

Nice to meet everyone!

POK

Can I ask what brings the knee pain on in the routine and what caused it in the first place? Curious about knees you know...

Congratulations on marriage, it is the awesome. 

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Guest Dirty Deads

Welcome! Jamie Eason is an amazing woman. I'm sure you'll learn enough from her and everyone here to know what works for you and when the time comes, instead of the dress making you look good, it will be YOU making IT look good.

Archived