Forums are back in action! ×

whoiwas, whoiam, whoiwillbe

I was 30, single, 6'3", 205-210, strong, energetic and athletic.

I am 52, husband, dad to 2 young sons (7 and 11), 6'3", 265, lacking energy and strength.

I will be husband, dad to 2 young sons, strong, energetic and athletic.

The choices I've made have resulted in who I was and who I am, and the choices I make will determine who I will be.

My long range goal is to provide an appropriate model for my sons to emulate. I will model ambition, commitment and perserverance through strength training and healthier diet. Although they already eat much more healthier than I, and both are very athletic, I hope to provide an example for times when they don't have it within themselves to push through.

My short range goal is to do a full body, perfect form pull up in 6 weeks.

I am starting with the Beginner Body Weight Workout (using a Bowflex pull down instead of row) and I commit to doing this 3 times a week at 6:20 am.

Today's workout went well. I was surprised and pleased at how difficult it was and how much I sweated. I should have ironed my shirt prior.

Awesome post!

Its all shits and giggles till those little guy and girls come alone. Then it gets serious.

I'm only a beginner Dad at three yrs. You have 11 under your belt. Ifelt the realisation slide home that you are the first real role model in their tiny new lives. Good luck with becoming the example you want.

R

Human. Adventurer. Level 1. STR6 STA2.25 DEX4.5 CON5.75 WIS3 CHA2

And when your kids get older, fitness is a great bonding activity. I'm 50 and my sons are now 24, 20, and 16. I've run 7 half marathons in the past 4 years and this year my eldest ran his first half AND his first Marathon. He calls me all the time to talk about his training. My 20 year old is in ROTC and likes to compare notes with me about strength training. Both guys have come to yoga classes with me (where I kick their butts!) but we enjoy doing it together. I have no daughters, so it's nice to be a role model in this way for my sons.

Good Luck with your short and long term goals!

Name: 50Fit

Striving to be: The Khaleesi of Middle Age Fitness

Level 1: STR = 4, DEX = 4, STA = 4, CON = 3

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken" - House Martell

Archived