Forums are back in action! ×

60 Days of Paleo

Hey guys and gals. About 2 months ago I came on this site while browsing for new ways to get in shape. I was looking for something that made sense. Well, I found the article on the Paleo Diet and it made nothing but sense to me. I would work out hard and only bulk up, but never lose the fat. Finally, I got burnt out and really let myself go. Well, after being dumped by my GF, I decided I was going to change. Finding the Paleo Diet and getting off the grains worked. In just 60 days, I lost 20 pounds and lost 7.1% body fat.

Here are the pics to prove it:

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/gallery/album/431-60-days-of-paleo/

Congrats! Really helps keep me motivated hearing the diet really works.

Just now trying it out, though have only got myself to about 80% paleo. My wife cooks all are meals and only convinced her to alter our diet recently. Though, she doesn't want to give up diary just yet. Nevertheless, I cut out sodas, junk food, and processed foods out and have dropped 30ish pounds since beginning of April. Not much in the way of BF since I drop my initial 4%, so here's hoping paleo allows that to change. 

Again Congrats!

Level 3 - Ranger

Current Challenge: At It Again!

Thanks a lot. I took a little break and I'm restarting the 60 day process again. I'm working with my brother this time. He's interested in getting into shape so he can do some decent cosplay at conventions.

The first 40 days I did nothing but strength train and Paleo. Then I started to plateau, so I ramped up my workouts with Full Body Burn Out sessions. I would start off with 4 sets of dead cleans (Perform a dead lift, then a clean, all without using momentum). Then I would perform exercises that worked as many muscle groups as possible and perform 2 sets of burn outs (Burn outs being where you start off with a heavy weight that you can only do 6 of and work your way down, switching weights when you hit muscle fatigue until you're at the lightest weight. Rests last only as long as it takes you to switch weight. One minute rest in between sets).

Full Body Burns make sense to me, because it's hitting as many muscles as possible, getting the testosterone flowing, all the while building up both strength and endurance. That's my logic any ways. Sure does get the metabolism going too.

On other days I would do some cardio. Again, I'd keep my mindset on intensity and muscle activation. My gym has a thick rope and a sled that you can put weights on. I'd put weights on the sled, pull it to me, take 20 lb dumbells and jump on a box 10 times, then push it back. Rests last as long as it takes for me to switch weight and come back. I'd continue this until I'd reached the last weight. I'd then take that rope and perform various, high intensity whip-like motions with it for 60 seconds each set. I'd do about three sets with those.

The pattern I followed throughout the week was FBB/Cardio/Rest/FBB/Cardio/Rest/etc.

This, combined with the Paleo Diet, got me where I am now.