Forums are back in action! ×

40kg (88 pounds) lost since last June. From 273 pounds (124kg) to 182 pounds. (updated with more details)

So, it's kind of a milestone today, so I've been acting excited all day. Figured it's time to share my whole progress with some more people, especially in a understanding community like the one here.

First of all, sorry for any mistakes I make, it's not my first language, I'm actually Russian.

Well, don't want to take too much of your time, so here goes, me weighting 273 pounds and not looking happy last June:

Wk0Y9nlebgc.jpg

_VgNP8Z-zeM.jpg

And me looking slightly and feeling A LOT more happier earlier in the gym today:

2c9e20WmpOo.jpg

Basically the big deal is that after much reading today and not doing much for different reasons for the last month, I decided to hit the gym hard since today and go Paleo, or at least closest to it I can. Before (since May 2012) I was only running on treadmill (300 meters runs 3 times a week at the beginning, 4100 meters 3 times a week now), lifting heavy weights and counting calories trying my best to stay below 1600 daily.

My big goal now is to drop body fat percentage (I'm not quite sure where I'm at now exactly since I haven't done any exact measurements, but it seems to be around 16%) to something like 10 or lower to get some muscle relief, then gain muscle and get a bit bigger. Hopefully continuing my gym routine along with making it harder and lowering carbs intake with Paleo will allow me to do just that.

If you guys got any advice on my current plans, I'd be glad to listen! I also tracked my progress during the year and took a bunch of photos, so I can try and write a bigger success story with a more in-depth look into my progress, but I'm not sure if I should do that and if anyone is really interested. Once again, let me know in the comments if you'd be so kind. Thanks for your attention!

Update:

Well, since some asked I guess I can write up some details. I started at May 2012 at 125kg, a picture you can see above. My birthday is 28th August, so I wanted to change visually before then - that obviously never happened since 3 months is just not enough, plus I skipped almost entire July due to being busy, yet by September I was at 110kg, so that's 15 lost in summer. At first I was aiming for 100kg, thought it'd be enough of a loss - obviously was wrong. Here are mid-July 2012 pics, 114kg:

QfuQbQFj38s.jpgHTl0NL5FVmU.jpg

So, next up was November. I saved the date - November 22, 2012. The day I finally saw the 99.9kg on the weights. Was an amazing feeling seeing that. I actually got exactly 100 at first, but was eager to see below that so I took off my shirt to try again, lol. Mid-November I was at 102kg:

GOnoJWEzszE.jpgErwqUfTrXTA.jpg

At that point I actually started noticing some, uh, curves appearing on sides of my belly, which totally felt weird and awesome, been years since I saw them.

After that, I don't really got much to add. Just kept doing the same and took pics, eventually stopped recording weight with them (which I just noticed, guess I just forgot to which is a shame). I actually never was on any diet, only counted calories and did my best to stay near 1600 a day, but I kept eating everything I wanted. Chocolate, bread, meat - you name it. One thing worth mentioning is that I entirely stopped drinking soda, although it wasn't because of the weight-loss, I just kind of stopped enjoying the taste, which surely came in handy. Also tried cutting out fast food, only eat it once in 2-3 months, again, stopped enjoying the taste, at this point I actually feel pain in stomach after eating it. Also stopped eating chips, not more often than once a month at least. Will add some pics I got from later dates below to wrap this up. Feel free to ask something I didn't mention in the comments.

February 11th, 2013, 92kg:

jnWcF5Kf-M0.jpgK4BvHFUhkcI.jpg

April 13th, 2013, 86kg:

ex6XfX0jpds.jpg

Pic at 84kg you can see on top of the post, and right now I'm down to 82kg but doubt anything changed visually so no need for pictures.

Congratulations! Now change your forum name ;)

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

That's amazing!!! You of course you should write it up in more detail. It's really inspiring for those of us who are still on our weight loss journey to see someone who has done so well. Loved the pics by the way, I wish I'd taken some "before" pictures so that I could see the difference, but I was too self conscious :(

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

That's amazing!!! You of course you should write it up in more detail. It's really inspiring for those of us who are still on our weight loss journey to see someone who has done so well. Loved the pics by the way, I wish I'd taken some "before" pictures so that I could see the difference, but I was too self conscious :(

I know the feeling. That was actually more than a year AFTER I first tried the gym, so I wasn't too excited you know - figured I'll get lazy again and won't do anything, "what's the point". Glad I took some now though.

Well done, you must be so pleased with the results.  :)  I hope you achieve your target with the body fat percentage.  I'm also really glad that your diet has improved (fizzy drinks and fast food) as there's nothing worse than getting to your ideal weight only to find it creeps back up again. I've been there, but I'm sure that with the canges you've made you'll have no problems at all.  Loving it!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously