Forums are back in action! ×

I had a quick search through the forums but couldn't find any post-injury threads.

Anyway, I thought us recovering people could use a place to share success stories!

Mine comes today, ran 5k in less than an hour, had a hip dislocation a few months ago (hypermobility + outside stairs =/= happiness). It's not quite where I was, but it feels good to break that first goal.

Tell me your stories! It's only a matter of time before I pop something else out of place, and then I'll have somewhere to refer back to see that we can all work our way back from various maladies.

Femme Fatale in training.

Goodnight, Night Vale, goodnight.

Great idea to have a post-injury forum!  At my age (52) most of my time is spent recovering from injuries...  It is frustrating as heck because I always overdo it.  

I'm just over some chronic piriformis syndrome PT, and while I still suffer some discomfort it hasn't been getting worse, so I have been upping running mileage until ten days ago when I tremendously overdid it (ramping from 2 miles to 4 in just a couple of weeks) and injured an ankle.  Today or tomorrow I will do a gentle 2 and see how it feels.

The message for the older folks is ... DON'T overdo it.  If the 2 goes well, I think I will set a long term plan / goal of VERY incremental increases.  Long term I want to do a Tough Mudder next spring.

Sam.