Forums are back in action! ×

Dropping by to say hi

Hi, 

I'm struggled with my weight for years.  Recently it's crept up and I can feel myself going into the downward spiral of being depressed about my weight and feeling powerless to do anything about it.  So, before I slip too far down the spiral, I thought I'd find an anchor point and start trying to climb back up.  

I'm woefully unhealthy, unfit and about 20kgs overweight.  I'm still working on the specifics for the SMART goals but my mission will be focused on reaching a healthy weight, reducing my body fat percentage and being more active.  I want this body/life overhaul to be a permanent thing.  I don't want to fall back into old habits when life throws me a curve ball, like I've done in the past.  

So, that's my intro.  Looking forward to meeting some like-minded, supportive and equally motivated people on here :)

My journey

"When you feel like quitting, think about why you started."

"Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out."

Join me at myfitnesspal: liftmeupletmefall

Join me at jefit

Welcome to Thunderdom... Wait that's not right... Oh yeah... Welcome to the Rebellion!

There are many paths to your goals. The trick is to find the one you can walk down and not get side tracked. This is a wonderful place for info and support.

So tell us, what sort of habits are you looking to make? What habits would you like to break? Any sort of dietary lifestyles that strike your fancy?

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

Hi!  Thanks for the reply :)

I am hoping that this path will be more successful than some of the others I have followed in the past.  I find online communities are usually very supportive and encouraging.  They have certainly helped for a few other things in life, so I'm hopeful for a similar experience.  

Habits to make:  being more active.  Habits to break:  the sugar addiction.  I think the paleo is a good way to go.  I did the south beach many years ago and that really helped me - I felt heaps better and saw very positive results with both weight loss and feeling more energetic.  The paleo diet is similar but I think it is more sustainable long term.   

My journey

"When you feel like quitting, think about why you started."

"Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out."

Join me at myfitnesspal: liftmeupletmefall

Join me at jefit

Archived