Forums are back in action! ×

Listened to The Fat Burning man with Steve..it sold me

I decided to listen to something a bit different for inspiration with podcasts. My normal routine of listening to comedy/weird science needed some self help so I happen to find the Fat Burning Man and saw something about Nerd Fitness. After listening to Steve talk about how much he procrastinated and the different ways we make excuse it was like he knew me to a T. I cant recall exactly what he said but it was like he knew me and the BS I would use a excuse to not take care of myself. I found myself over-analyzing and over thinking everything instead of just simply doing it. Spending more time at the gym figuring out in what order I should do something or exactly how many reps should I be doing than actually doing the workout. I pretty much have to stop thinking and start doing. Its an issue that I wanna say effects me all around and can cause simple things to become complicated. Either way his words totally got me fired up to dumb it down a bit and just do it. I've been hitting the gym solidly for about 3-4 times a week for about a month and a half. I have been avoiding daily fast food like I have consumed for so many years. This week im trying my hand at a Keto diet, im on day 2 and im pretty tired to be honest. Im attempting to stay under 30 grams of carbs a day and see if it works for me. 

29 year old Male currently at 5'8 215 lbs 

Hoping to get under 200 in a few months..that would be a huge goal for me..since I have been under 200 in like 10 years.

Welcome to NF! :D

I hope you enjoy your stay, as I keep saying to everyone and will keep saying, "If you want something bad enough, you'll get it".

Motivation, persistance, dedication and self discipline will be your best friends. I wish you best of luck on your journey.

So are you a Nerd in any aspect? (I was a semi-professional counter-strike player)

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

Welcome to NF! :D

I hope you enjoy your stay, as I keep saying to everyone and will keep saying, "If you want something bad enough, you'll get it".

Motivation, persistance, dedication and self discipline will be your best friends. I wish you best of luck on your journey.

So are you a Nerd in any aspect? (I was a semi-professional counter-strike player)

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. As far as nerdiness goes I do have a homemade arcade mame machine. I grew up playing everything from the Nintendo up to the PS3 and everything in between I absolutely love Final Fantasy VII but then again who really doesn't. I work in tech-support at a software company. Oh yeah I love horror movies. Also watch a little bit of anime here and there when I have time usually Bleach or Full metal alchemist something like that. I have to say that's pretty much it for nerdy stuff that I'd like not sure how much of it qualifies but that's about all I got right now LOL.

Cheers

Archived