Forums are back in action! ×

Hello World!

Hey everyone. My name is Daniel, I'm 27 and live in Hattiesburg, MS. I'm currently 223 lbs and am back in college. I come from a family where everyone is obese and have a lot of health issues. I do not want that to, and will not let it, happen to me. I came across this site purely be accident. I was on youtube watching some videos about the paleo diet and came across one of Steve talking about it. I have never gone to the gym before and am a little anxious. My biggest struggles are: weight loss, temptations, and a lack of energy.

That being said, I have my plan of action: I am starting Crossfit next week. Next Monday I will begin the process of changing my diet to a paleo diet. By the end of the summer I want to be under 200 lbs and be at least one waist size down. 

Why am I here? Simply put, I don't have a lot of good health influences in my life. I have a couple of friends who are heavily into working out and healthy living, but they live over an hour away. Most of my friends here are the. "lets watch a movie and make some brownies" or "lets go grab pizza" kind. While I have to admit that that is tasty, I know that it is bad for me and that I have to change. The hardest part of that will be the temptation. 

I love the concept of this site and leveling up my life. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Daniel

Level 1 Part Ogre Ranger
STR 2||DEX 2||STA 2||CON 3 ||WIS 4||CHA 3

Yay! Welcome to the Rebellion!  We're always happy to help a new recruit.  ^_^ I would highly recommend browsing through the articles in your spare time; there is a wealth of information there on a dizzying array of topics.  Also, we love having people to talk to in the chat, and we're even usually pretty good about answering questions!  

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

Welcome welcome! :) You're on the right track, so long as you have the desire to change, you should be able to get there! I'm going to second what childofscorn said, Steve's articles are amazing. I could sit on my butt all day and read them. Best of luck to you!

LEVEL 1 ELVEN ASSASSIN

STR: 3 - DEX: 3 - STA: 2 - CON: 2 - WIS: 2 - CHA: 3

"To become a vampire, you must be bitten by one. To become a ninja, you first have to allow yourself to be one."

"Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it."

Current Challenge

Archived