Forums are back in action! ×

Cleaning out the pantry

Decided to try to go 80% paleo this challenge, which has been going good for the most part. But to get myself and the rest of the family unit past 80% the wife and I decided to clean out the pantry today. Woot! Okay, she did but I helped. Now we didn't throw everything out or give it away to the needy just yet, though that day is coming. Rather we put it up on the cabinet, which showed both of us how much crappy food we had. A large portion of it was just gluten based products but a scary amount was junk that we had for our kids. Doing this it forced us to look at what we and our kids were consuming. Hoping to plow through the pasta we have left while her family is down next or when mine is the following week. I know now that the wife is fully on board with getting all gluten out of the house, as it does noticeably bad things to her. Going full paleo will take some time as she is stuck on drinking milk and the fact that the pediatrician says the littlest one needs it. I question very thing I hear, but not her. 

Level 3 - Ranger

Current Challenge: At It Again!

Awesome!

My pantry is almost completely bare now except for some canned tuna and coconut milk. I love not buying anything that comes in a box when I go to the store.

USS & NBAC Masters swim coach

Current: lifter, runner

Former: triathlete, cyclocross racer, NCAA swimmer

Current games: Borderlands 2, Runescape, Star Ocean, Dragon's Dogma