Forums are back in action! ×

Another Newbie!

Sort of. I actually signed up ages ago, but fell off the bandwagon for on reason or another for a while. Basically time/motivation are where I have trouble. 

A little about me: I'm a formerly 115lb woman who jumped up to almost 200lbs over the course of a pregnancy and my offspring's first few years of life. I've gotten that down to 180lbs, and am aiming for a much more fit 130-150lbs. 

I work long hours in a stressful factory job (specifically I run the biggest slicer and help supervise the main production line in a lunch meat plant). On the side I'm learning web/computer programming, hoping that can be my escape route. 

I have 1 son, mentioned above, a husband in college, and a dog that would love more attention. 

My goals are to be strong (vague I know), and to enjoy running and be able to do it for a half hour without walk breaks. 

To me "strong" doesn't mean lifting a specific weight. It's more of a functional goal: be able to lift/move/do the things that men either do for me or help me with at work. (EX: I used to find the blade on my machine pretty heavy/awkward; I can now take it on an off multiple times in a shift, no problem. )

I'm working on my race/class and a character bio to make this all more fun right now. I think I'll build a simple website for it, just to combine the two interests and keep the fitness part on my mind. 

Challenge 1 | Current Challenge

LEVEL 1 Elan Adventurer

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Fitocracy | Twitter 

Archived