Forums are back in action! ×

Another hello from the UK

Hi Guys,

I'm Richard, but everybody calls me Drac. I live in Bournemouth on the south coast of the UK, wife my amazing wife Sam. Joining up to the board I am actually going to get in shape. My main aim is to improve my cardioid-vascular health and general fitness, but am also hoping to tone up a bit (always had a fairly skeletal figure).

My wife has been a huge inspiration to me and introduced me to Nerd Fitness. About 9 months ago she decided she was unhappy about her weight and general health. She took up running & yoga and made sure we both had a balanced healthy diet.

It's made me realised that after a decade working in an office and not taking much exercise other the walking, I'm hugely unfit. My gorgeous wife already make sure I'm eating properly, so my next step is getting active. I'm taking up running (starting a pod cast called Couch 2 5K) and planning to take up a martial art of some kind (a new dojo has just opened near me doing kali).

As for my my nerd interests. I'm a massive comic book geek, a bit of a gamer (both computer games and table top) and I have been a fan of sci-fi since I was a child.

All my best, Drac.

Archived