Forums are back in action! ×

I'm a 40 year old husband and father of two little girls (3 and 6) who wants to be around to see them graduate high school, graduate college, get married and have kids.

At 5'-9" and 296 lbs, that's a pretty tall order, statistically. I've been heavy my whole life and I've yo-yo'ed on diets before, but I really struck paydirt around my late 20's early 30's. got myself down to around 225 lbs., was going to the gym twice a day, running a couple miles every other day, I was a rock! Or as much of a rock as my genetics allows me to be, lol. Easily best shape of my life and that includes my senior year of HS where I was in great shape due to football.

Then I met my lovely wife, we had a few kids and I became sedentary. All the weight came back, and now I'm starting from ground zero again.

I need to do this, for my kids, for my wife, but especially for myself.

Reading the articles here, buying the fitness guide, I realize I am a food addict. I don't eat, I graze. I eat all day and feel wrong physically if I miss a snack.

I re-joined my local gym.

I've been going Paleo as much as possible for about 2 weeks now and, although I've not checked a scale, I feel better already. Sore as hell from the new workouts, but better physically. I'm starting to ride out my cravings with water and fruit, switched to black coffee (blech!) and have eliminated sugar that doesn't come from eating fruit.

Problems I still have is portion control. I don't know why, but I've always been a fast eater and I often eat so much so fast, I feel ill soon after finishing.

That's my story so far, wish me luck!

Archived