Forums are back in action! ×

THIS IS CMoney&theWeiners

Hey Rebellion,

I'm Crystal Money and I have 2 dachshunds (Leonidas and Cleopatra). I've been trying to lose weight and exercise what seems like my entire life. I actually enjoy running and I thought I ate fairly well. The past year and a half, I've had a lot of health problems. I've been tested for diabetes, thyroid, and even cancer (Thank God I don't have any of that, so far). It has just been overwhelming and frustrating at the same time. After reading some of the NF blogs, I realized I was going about it all wrong. I'm not eating as well as I thought (Smartones are full of salt just FYI) and most days I skip breakfast (I actually love breakfast but I work so early I just haven't made time for it). I make excuses. It hurts to say that because I thought I was driven but when it comes to eating right and exercising I'm not as driven as I should/could be. Well yesterday was a new day! I went for a 4 mile walk/jog (1 hr 10 min) and then went home and took pics of myself (that was eye-opening in itself). I'm overweight and miserable but the funny part to this all is I'm actually really confident in myself.

I've become obsessed with NF! I have done a lot of research over the past week on Paleo and it is so doable and makes sense. I've also set some personal goals to meet by the end of the year and a few before then too! So here we go...

1. Run a Mile without stopping by August 23, 2013 (my 29th bday)- can get a new tat if I accomplish this if not I have to take my friend Kym to dinner or movie

2. Lower BMI to 25 (currently it's 38.8) or lose 5 inches off waist (currently 46in) by October 31- **will take suggestions

3. Lose 50lbs by Christmas 2013- get to plan a vacation of choice for new year! if not have to buy my lil bro a plane ticket to visit

I've started using Evernote to track my progress. Tooks pics, making Paleo grocery lists, & tracking workouts. I don't have much family support but I do have some friends at work that really support me. The more support I can get the better.

Nerds Unite and May the Force be with US!

[progress=green][/progress]

It is really easy to lose 5 inches off of your waist when eating right and exercising... I have been losing about a quarter to half an inch a week, with only 1 pound lost... I know that I am gaining muscle as I lose fat, so that is helping. I have lost 10 inches off of my waist since the beginning of the year doing just intermittent fasting, and still eating crap. I also think that you have a pretty good chance of succeeding with the inch loss goal, because it will not be affected by muscle gains like a general weight loss goal will. It is ultimately your goal and your choice though. Go with what makes you feel the best.

Good luck!

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

I have decided to change my "wins" to better stuff to be had. You will have to refer to the original post to see what the actual goal was.

Goal 1: get a bike (instead of a tat) this seems more realisitc. I don't need another tat.

Goal 2: new running outfit (i didn't even have a "win" originally)

Goal 3: this will stay the same because I really want to go on a trip! I love my brother dearly but I want to plan a trip!

and I wanted to add a 4th just to help in the process of a healthy mind

Goal 4: Read my bible everyday~ this is a win in itself really. :)

[progress=green][/progress]

Archived