Forums are back in action! ×

Salutations n' such! =D

My name is Stephen.

But you can call me Jet (everyone else does).

I like Star Wars, Star Trek, LOTR, LOZ, GOT, WOW, D.C. and Marvel (More towards D.C. though), Dragon Age, Mass Effect, FPS in general, soldering electronics, building things, and... man this list is doomed to get long. 

In short, I'm a nerd. I earned my badge of glory by suffering at the hands of the non-nerdy toolbags back in middle/high school. Braces, thick glasses, terribad haircut, played the baritone, sociably awkward, played Pokemon... yes, I was the stereotypical nerd before I even knew I was. Then the braces came off, I got contacts, I got a hair cut/ stubble beard, I put down the big brass instrument, and graduated.

And man, do I resent those toolbags.

Petty vengeance is petty, but it works when you're out to motivate yourself. I've been on again and off again with getting in shape because of that petty motivation. I've been in a few relationships and all of them ended with them ditching me while swearing I was the best BF they'd ever had. This would infuriate me and send me on another quest to get back in shape just to spite someone. Then, when I got dumped this last time, I tried to use that pain I felt to motivate me into getting in shape again.

I couldn't.

See, petty vengeance works only if you want that vengeance and it tends to have a short life expectancy (unless someone really messed up, to which they'll be lucky if getting in shape and making your life better than theirs is the only thing you do to them). I still care for this chick and if it weren't for the distance we'd probably still be together and that pain just became depression. And as Yoda once said off-screen, "Pain leads to depression. Depression leads to bad habits. Bad habits lead to suffering."

And thus, I got fat again.

I was tired.... defeated... and I continued to live like this until a good friend of mine (who was conveniently named Steve) got me out of my funk by appealing to my logical side. He motivated me in a way that I hadn't been motivated before. Instead of rage, there was peace. Instead of sadness, there was joy. Instead of a bleak existence, there was the Force... well... maybe not the Force... more like a sense of purpose. =P

So, I do some research on things to get back in shape and inevitably, upon my quest for true knowledge, I stumble into this here den of misfit toys, just like me. I didn't immediately join, but I did read these very informative articles. I read the Paleo Diet article and "CLICK" it made sense. So, I dedicated myself to it for 60 Days. In went from 230.5lbs and 20.5% body fat to 210lbs and 14.4% body fat... a Grand Total of 20 1/2lbs and 7.1% body fat lost.

Do I intend to continue this Quest now that I reached this Save Point? Yes.

Do I intend to share what I've learned in my travels? Of course.

Will I someday find that Elusive Special Hot Nerd Chick meant for me? Absolutely.

Will I ever again fall victim to a vain, petty need for vengeance and depression? Never. Never Again.

That's me people. I thank you for your welcomes and your support in my future endeavors.

Force be with you n' such,

-Jet

Archived