Forums are back in action! ×

Hi to everyone at Nerd Fitness!

I came across this website yesterday and decided to give Paleo a shot from now until the end of July. I already work our fairly regularly but want to "level up", hence the diet overhaul. I'm not going to lie, it's a challenge but I can feel the change in my energy levels after only a day so I'm pretty excited.

However, I do have one issue with the online Paleo community which I want to share here. Whenever I do a basic search for recipes most of those I find are basically complicated substitutes for foods that we are not meant to eat. E.g.: tapioca flour muffins, "cheesecake" made with blended cashews, etc.  

I don't know about you, but I think that using more than a dozen (expensive) ingredients to make a paleo-friendly cupcake is kind of missing the whole point of this diet.

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of fantastic information to be found on the internet about this lifestyle (hence joining NF!) however it is disappointing how many recipes I find contain ingredients that I think should really be eaten in moderation. I mean, how many coconuts did these cavemen really eat?

Has anyone here made started Paleo or made the same observation?

Any tips/recommendations/links are most welcome, thanks :nevreness:

~ Jess

Archived